• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I bent it!

vman1313

Reaction score
Visit site
Weeeelllll, while riding in the Cohutta Wilderness of North GA and TN this past Sunday...I hit a rock and bent my front wheel/rim. :( Yes I am upset but I am chalking it up as a freak thing and not blaming it on the NC or its abilities or inabilities OR any so called short comings. Some will say I should of not have been off road on the NC but I have put many MANY MANY miles of off road on the NC and have not even had a scratch on the wheel/rims until now. PLUS...I had a buddy just buy a GS Adventure (not the one in the picture) and he bent his "off road" rim in a similar fashion.

Question is...what do I do now? After looking around here on the forums, I do not think the rim is "fixable" as it bowed back in towards the center, it didn't just bend the edge. I have looked on eBay but found nothing and a new wheel/rim is around $500 not including shipping...SOOOOO...any suggestions? Let me rephrase...any REAL suggestions? :rolleyes: ....besides pay up $500 plus shipping plus install plus tire plus ARRGHHH!:mad:

20170115_104310.jpg20170115_150422.jpg20170115_154228.jpg

So others can see the damage and have a possible solution ...............Please post a couple of close ups of the rim.

What tire pressure were you running ?

Maybe be patient .....there must be plenty of crashed NC's in the salvage yards just finding one is the trick.

Weeeelllll, while riding in the Cohutta Wilderness of North GA and TN this past Sunday...I hit a rock and bent my front wheel/rim. :( Yes I am upset but I am chalking it up as a freak thing and not blaming it on the NC or its abilities or inabilities OR any so called short comings. Some will say I should of not have been off road on the NC but I have put many MANY MANY miles of off road on the NC and have not even had a scratch on the wheel/rims until now. PLUS...I had a buddy just buy a GS Adventure (not the one in the picture) and he bent his "off road" rim in a similar fashion.

Question is...what do I do now? After looking around here on the forums, I do not think the rim is "fixable" as it bowed back in towards the center, it didn't just bend the edge. I have looked on eBay but found nothing and a new wheel/rim is around $500 not including shipping...SOOOOO...any suggestions? Let me rephrase...any REAL suggestions? :rolleyes: ....besides pay up $500 plus shipping plus install plus tire plus ARRGHHH!:mad:

View attachment 32233View attachment 32234View attachment 32235
Play like a sport.

While 17" cast aluminum wheels do just fine most of the time on relatively firm surfaces the compromises of their use off pavement caught up with you.

Repair the wheel if it's repairable or face the inevitable of buying new or used. I don't see but two choices here.

I guess you could buy the whole front suspension of another (non-nc) bike (tripple-tree, forks, wheel, and possibly breaks), but I can't imagine it being less, and since you have a wheel speed sensor on your NC you'd have to figure out how to get that functioning, too.

Expand your search to include front wheel for CTX700 models,
as they are the same, except the sensor ring which you can salvage.

Part # for front wheel for 2014 CTX700 is 44650-MGS-306 which is also the part number for a 2012 NC700XD front wheel. However, the part number for 2014 NC700XD front wheel is 44650-MJL-D3. Don't know what the difference between the 12 and 14 X front wheels would be. I would assume they would be interchangeable.

Welcome to the club! Check out the thread HarveyM linked for repairing it. I always keep a spare front wheel. Since I ride off-road I watch ebay for the scratched rims which you can get cheaper.

Did a search for the part number:
This Honda 44650-MGS-306 WHEEL SUB-ASSY., FR. (COO) is used on these models and components:

2012 NC700XD AC FRONT WHEEL
2013 NC700X AC FRONT WHEEL
2013 NC700XD AC FRONT WHEEL
2014 CTX700 A FRONT WHEEL
2014 CTX700 AC FRONT WHEEL
2014 CTX700D A FRONT WHEEL
2014 CTX700D AC FRONT WHEEL
2014 CTX700N A FRONT WHEEL
2014 CTX700N AC FRONT WHEEL
2014 CTX700ND A FRONT WHEEL
2014 CTX700ND AC FRONT WHEEL
2015 CTX700 A FRONT WHEEL
2015 CTX700 AC FRONT WHEEL
2015 CTX700D A FRONT WHEEL
2015 CTX700D AC FRONT WHEEL
2015 CTX700N A FRONT WHEEL
2015 CTX700N AC FRONT WHEEL
2015 CTX700ND A FRONT WHEEL
2015 CTX700ND AC FRONT WHEEL

Like Bamamate said keep checking eBay. Over the years I have not found a single make or model of motorcycle I can not bend the rim on. It just comes with the territory.........

Back