• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I am a new owner of a 2015 NC700x DCT

Rob8861

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Fellow riders,

I am happy to announce that I am a proud owner of a brand new 2015 NC700X DCT.
I freaking LOVE it!!! or her as some people refer to their bike as a female.

I still have to get used to the DCT and not having the break lever on the left side, but overall, WOW the performance is amazing. I get all the adrenaline I need from this bike.
I can't express how happy I am and I only had her for several hours.

I decided to name it(her) "The Arkenstone" :)

IMG_2131.jpg

Congrats on the purchase, and I'm glad you're pleased with it.

Thanks for posting a pic. I almost forgot what they look like stock! :) I bet yours won't stay that way long.

Congratulations and enjoy it in good health. I have a black one too which I bought because my other bike is red and I didn't want two red bikes - but now the black has really grown on me.

You must be accustomed to a scooter ("brake on left side") because motorcycles usually have the clutch lever on that side.
My NC is also a DCT model and I love it. :)

Rob8861, now that you have the bike, it would be interesting to hear how you rate it compared to the things you heard from the press, such as "average" handling, the supposedly low power, the supposedly weak single disk front brake, etc. I think the press scares people away from this fantastic bike. I also think you'll be glad that you ignored them (and listened to us :)).

Last edited:
Thank you guys, I am glad to be part of the NC700x club/family :)
I already know what I am going to replace. 1) the windscreen 2) the saddle.
the saddle is really uncomfortable, but maybe it is something my tush need to get used to.

Rob8861, now that you have the bike, it would be interesting to hear how you rate it compared to the things you heard from the press, such as "average" handling, the supposedly low power, the supposedly weak single disk front brake, etc. I think the press scares people away from this fantastic bike. I also think you'll be glad that you ignored them (and listened to us :)).

670cc, to be honest with you, after riding it for almost 100 miles I can stay with confidence that the press has no clue what it's talking about. The bike handles with ease, the performance is great, way more than what I would ever need, the breaks work great, amazing fuel economy and the most important thing -> it is a chick magnet :p

someone mentioned to follow the break in procedure properly, which I've always done on my previous bikes. However, after reading the entire manual I couldn't find anything about break in period. Granted, the bike hardly ever rev more than 4k , unless you ride with the S mode or Manual mode, so it should be easy to keep it under 4k rpm. Aside from that, what else should I do? as of right now, I try to avoid freeways, and I also try to vary the speed as much as possible.

i did read the articles in the magazines too.
lack of power, missing horses, some of the horses could be dead, the other are lame.
but its automatic [great in the city]. has abs. very comfy. has that great front trunk.
seems to ride effortless. you dont have to feel sory for the engine screaming at high rpm.
great gas milega so in a pack when most are fuel starved you still have way to go.
with its great tork and balanced engine with a low center of gravity its a great bike.
you can load it and it still hadles great.
i had to buy a center stand, a temp gauge [i cant understand why that is missing.
if its water cooled it has to have a gauge]. 2 normal horns now i got a mack air horn.
i just love this versitile working horse and great for tours and thin to go between cars in heavy traffic.

Welcome and congrats on your purchase. I have replaced the seat and added a larger windscreen. These upgrades have improved the comfort of this great ride. I hope you enjoy this wonderful bike!

Hi Fellow riders,

I am happy to announce that I am a proud owner of a brand new 2015 NC700X DCT.
I freaking LOVE it!!! or her as some people refer to their bike as a female.

I can't express how happy I am and I only had her for several hours.

I decided to name it(her) "The Arkenstone" :)

View attachment 28169

CONGRATS on the bike and your journey has just begun. You have a "Blank Canvas" that you do anything with and mold it to your deepest desires.

Let me warn you that "Farkling" can become an addiction that you may not want to be cured of. To make matters worse, there's a lot of both Honda and Aftermarket Accessories to fuel this addiction. You cannot say that you have been warned... :eek:

Also DCT has been considered by some to be the "Dark Side" of the Force. My response to that is, Welcome to the Dark Side... :D

get

Last edited:
I've always wanted to be on the "Dark Side"

so this morning a dude on a big Harley stopped next to me at the intersection. He first honked the horn at me.
me: "what's up"
him: "I think your shift level fell off"
me: "<a big smile then> " nah, this is the new voice activated shifting by Honda. came out last week"
him: "no shit!"

I've always wanted to be on the "Dark Side"

so this morning a dude on a big Harley stopped next to me at the intersection. He first honked the horn at me.
me: "what's up"
him: "I think your shift level fell off"
me: "<a big smile then> " nah, this is the new voice activated shifting by Honda. came out last week"
him: "no shit!"

Did the Harley guy also point out that your engine must have died since your whole bike wasn't shaking? Secondly, how were you able to hear to carry on a conversation? :D

Last edited:
Back