• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to remove silicate and scale from cooling system?

My 14 700x came with the "old" Honda Pro coolant formula......bottles didn't denote type 2, and it was green in color / silicate free. Current type 2 coolant recommended by Honda MC is blue in color and silicate free and compatable with old formula. Ride on.

Reactions: MZ5
Honda ST1300 owners struggle with pump seal failures and weeping. Owners chased hose clamp issues when the seals were the real issue, regardless of coolant maintenance. Turns out on older models impeller shafts would corrode messing up seals. My 2005, would leave a dribble after winter storage and be fine during the summer.

Proper coolant to always the first line of defense, the green stuff is mixed with water, not sure if Honda's is.

Honda ST1300 owners struggle with pump seal failures and weeping. Owners chased hose clamp issues when the seals were the real issue, regardless of coolant maintenance. Turns out on older models impeller shafts would corrode messing up seals. My 2005, would leave a dribble after winter storage and be fine during the summer.

Proper coolant to always the first line of defense, the green stuff is mixed with water, not sure if Honda's is.
It’s very common for a Honda water pump seal leak/weep an ounces over the very cold winter storage......my ST1300, several Goldwings, several Cx500/650 and few others all did it. Under normal use they were fine.
Cause is seal contraction or lack of compliance ( stiff) from the cold temps.

Back