• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to release taillight clip?

GoRovers

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have much mechanical experience, so sorry if this question seems too basic. I want to install an inline taillight flasher (Vizi-Tek SupaBrake), but I don't know a) how to release the top tab to separate the two halves of the wiring connector, and b) whether or not the bottom of connector is supposed to separate from below. (It seems permanently attached from below.) Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Lee-NC-taillight-wiring-w.jpg

Take a small flat object, ideally a flat blade screwdriver with a 1/8 or 3/16" wide blade, and press down on the end of that tab that is sort of pointing up at a 45 degree angle at your red arrow from How To Release This Clip? The tab is oriented from lower left to upper right in photo. Depress it and the other end lifts up and releases a catch. With the tab depressed then wiggle free the end of the connector with the blue/black & green/black wires coming out of it.

Back