• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to despise a dealership!

TomnEssi

Reaction score
Visit site
So, after waiting for over 5 months I finally get the news that the sadlebag mounting bracket has arrived that I purchased with my bike back in May 2013. The only dealership that I could find in my state (MO) that had the bike I wanted was 3 hours away. They were very helpful in trying to sell me the bike but less than helpful when it came to service after the sale. I tried to schedule a time to have the bags put on but they were "too busy" through the week and didn't "do that kind of service on the weekends"! After debating the finer points of customer service I told them to ship me the bags and brackets and reimburse me the install fee. They sent the bags and brackets in opened boxes without the install paperwork. They also charge me for shipping. So, after getting the parts I contacted the local Honda dealer. Their service manager told me he had never installed them before and I would need to bring in the paperwork that came with them. UUGH! Alrighty, well I scrounged around the web and, of course, found it on this WONDERFUL site. Today I took the paperwork to the local dealer and he commenced to telling me how complex the job will be and how it's going to be expensive and time consuming. All the while I'm thinking why the heck would a factory part not just be a bolt on?! Nope, apparently you haveto remove and cut and drill panels as well as various other parts. I learned to despise dealers and I'm getting fed up with just trying to get my dang bags on! Is there anyone in MO that has put on factory brackets and bags?

I thought for 2013's it was just a bolt on, and that the 2012's had to be cut to install the honda luggage...
Maybe I misread something somewhere... check if your paperwork is for a 2013 or a 2012.

Im thinking the same.i thought the 2013 model requires no cutting.i could be wrong it has happened once before.

For the sidecarrier/rear handlebar mounts you don't need to modify the plastic in any way for the 2013. The instructions say you have to but I didn't need to for mine. I am not sure about the sidecarrier mounts though as I went a different direction from them.

Luckily my 2013 did not require any cutting. Everything bolted together pretty easily. I installed the Honda trunk and saddle bag set up. Very happy with them. The side bags use the ignition key and the trunk has a separate key. I wish the trunk was the same so i could open all 3 with the ignition key.

I thought for 2013's it was just a bolt on, and that the 2012's had to be cut to install the honda luggage...
Maybe I misread something somewhere... check if your paperwork is for a 2013 or a 2012.

You were right! I looked into this and with help from this AWESOME forum I was able to install the bags myself. Thank you.

You were right! I looked into this and with help from this AWESOME forum I was able to install the bags myself. Thank you.

Glad you were able to get them on. My bike came with them installed. They did a decent job but they hacked the plastic up pretty good. Can't see it with seat down but I know its there. I guess it isn't to bad and I probably couldn't have done it better.

How did you cut the plastics? Dremel?

20130921_110355.jpg

That's really annoying when you get a worse than DIY job from a dealer - I know, mine were hacked about pretty much the same as yours and I was not happy!

As I said to the dealer at the time - if I had known they were going to make such a FU I would have fitted them myself as at least I can read the instructions, something their mechanic obviously could not do.

Had a couple of other problems as well BUT, to their credit it was all put right, along with some new rear body panels (cut out acceptably this time) plus no charge for the first service - so we're still on speaking terms!

Glad you were able to get them on. My bike came with them installed. They did a decent job but they hacked the plastic up pretty good. Can't see it with seat down but I know its there. I guess it isn't to bad and I probably couldn't have done it better.

How did you cut the plastics? Dremel?

View attachment 9977

OUCH!!! That would drive me nuts! If I do it, that's my screw up. If a dealership does it, somebody's gonna pay! Fortunately, on my 2013 it was mostly bolt-and-go. There was no cutting of panels. Where they bolt to the under side of the frame Honda conveniently put punch-outs in the plastics and drilled and tapped the frame. I had them on in under an hour!

OUCH!!! That would drive me nuts! If I do it, that's my screw up. If a dealership does it, somebody's gonna pay! Fortunately, on my 2013 it was mostly bolt-and-go. There was no cutting of panels. Where they bolt to the under side of the frame Honda conveniently put punch-outs in the plastics and drilled and tapped the frame. I had them on in under an hour!

Yea. I wasn't real happy but I'm stuck with it now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back