• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How much gasoline You have put in when filling your tank?

The_Drifter

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm just curious what's the most amount of gasoline You have put in your NC700X gas tank in a single filling. Just wondering how close one has come to the capacity of the gas tank.

The most I have put in so far has been 3.43 gallons, this is after riding about 35 miles on reserve (about 1/3 freeway, 2/3 street with light traffic).

That's about all I've put in as well. I feel like I'm going way further than I should after the reserve light starts blinking and all I put in was 3.3 or 3.4. Good to know when traveling that you can go further than you think. The light starts blinking before I get to work and I still go 30 miles back home, which with other bikes reserve is unheard of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I seek gas stations at the first blink. I've yet to put more than 3.0 gallons in. And I go all the way to the top of the tank.

I fill within 20 miles of the light blinking. It's almost always around 200 miles and 3 gallons.

The blinking light usually comes up between 180 and 190 miles. By the time I get back home, I would pit near by. ~200 miles and ~3 gallons.

don't know?? I only rolled her out of the garage to stand back and admire it then back in it went!! lol

My first tank I only added 2.85 gal. The light started flashing around 190 miles. I went 206 miles before I filled up which came to 72 mpg. I'm guessing I could've gone around 250 miles on a tank????? That's not a bad range for this bike.

Does the light stop flashing after a while or will it keep flashing till you run out of gas?

Since some have put in around 3.6 gallons in a tank that holds 3.7 most of the volume is useable. That's good to hear too.
Mike

I can only manage around 2.4 gal per refill. By then the red light is flashing, usually starting somewhere around 160->170 miles. I've tried refill from different stations, with the bike on side and center stand etc. but nothing has made a difference in terms of the refill capacity. The only time it was diferent was when I used no ethanol gas. The auto switchoff didn't work and the refill was higher though I don't remember what exactly and I got to > 210 miles before the red light came on. I've never managed to get back to that station.

Does the light stop flashing after a while or will it keep flashing till you run out of gas?

Just keeps flashing....

I put in 3.69 gallons after literally rolling into a station. It died on me about 1/2 mile up the road, but it started back up and quit as I was pulling in.

So, the 3.7 gallon advertised capacity is pretty spot on.

trey

You will find that they are even more fun if you start the engine and then ride them :) :)

I will when this fella pops his head round
sun-clouds32.gif

I can only manage around 2.4 gal per refill. By then the red light is flashing, usually starting somewhere around 160->170 miles. I've tried refill from different stations, with the bike on side and center stand etc. but nothing has made a difference in terms of the refill capacity. The only time it was diferent was when I used no ethanol gas. The auto switchoff didn't work and the refill was higher though I don't remember what exactly and I got to > 210 miles before the red light came on. I've never managed to get back to that station.

Are you stopping after it auto-clicks off? If so, you're not getting about another .5 gallons in there that you could/should.

There's an invention (I think it's called the MCCuff) that is designed to pull the vapor detector out a little and get more fuel in there. The jury is out - some people love it and some people hate it. After 6 fill-ups on the NC, I've managed to easily get it right to the top without any issues, spilled gas, or drops of gas on the seats/trim/bags. I'm cautious while taking it that last little bit.

Cheers-
J.

Well I just confirmed that my fuel gauge is off. Just ran out of gas on the side of the road. 207 miles on the trip meter and my reserve light never came on. Still had two bars, figured I could have made it 7 miles to the next gas station.. :(

At the blinking red I reset my Trip B to zero. Then I keep track of how many miles I've gone since 'red'. I have put in no more than 3.2 US gallons.

Are you stopping after it auto-clicks off? If so, you're not getting about another .5 gallons in there that you could/should.

J.

After the auto-click I wait about 10 seconds and try again, I can usually squueze a small amount more in but the 2.4 gal per refill I mentioned includes the settling time and top up. I've talked to my dealer about it but he didn't have any idea.

Back