• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How much free sag is there in the "stock" forks?

Flaferalcat

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm needing to collect some more info, and do more homework before deciding how, if at all to proceed with working on my suspension, so here's what I'm currently looking at on my bike, and then I'm asking a question.

I did some preliminary measurements in the front/rear suspensions. In terms of numbers and percentages, the rear seems about right; vertically measured: 20mm free sag-59mm's 178lb rider weight/w/pannier&rear racks (empty) on bike.

the front numbers throw me off though: 45mm's free sag, but then only 52mm's with same rider weight.
I triple checked (much to my wife's un-amusement) these measurements.
Did/do you guys have that much in the front with similar ratio amounts?

ps- YES! I did try a forum search to collect the info.

Last edited:
I measued the sag on the new 2016 bike and the static was 48mm and with me another 15mm (I weigh about 190lb)
Mike

Thanks! I'm going to check the fork springs for nominal length in the next couple of days too.

PS: There may be a sale on slightly used SW Motech side racks/rear rack coming soon... lol

Last edited:
I looked in my 700 file and cannot locate the figures for the stock fork. I found the rider sag at 52 mm in an old post of mine where I detailed the first Cogent DDC install. I seem to recall the static sag was 40-something.

Back