• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How much does battery brand matter for the NC?

Speaking of batteries that fit, the YTZ14S is physically the same size as the stock YTZ12S. The 14 has 20 more CCA than the 12, and weighs 0.4 pounds more.BB3A6449-CCEF-4943-9ED8-E630990A6AE2.jpeg

Not to resurrect a dead thread, but I just installed a new YTZ14S in my 2013 NC700X. I noticed it was similar to the YTZ12S that was in the bike, and had ordered the YTZ14S for my ST1300. I did a bit of measurement, and decided to install it. It went in smoothly, no problems. A bit more powerful battery, and it was easier to find one too. I use Chromebattery.com for my batteries, and get 4-5 years out of them. I DO use a desulphating trickle charger ( BatteryMinder) on a timer to keep them topped up. YMMV.

I did something similar with my 33 year old Dominator (NX). I had a spare YTZ14S battery from my X-Adv. and the Bosch battery already in the Dom was showing signs of fatigue. I have no idea how long the Bosch was in it but I guess many years. I initially set about trying to find as close to the original battery dimensions as possible but then realised I had the YTZ and wondered if it would fit. It measured up well but in application it was compressing the battery packing/insulation a little too much for my liking. Accordingly as the insulation was also very aged I replaced it with some new material but a little thinner. All is well ever since with no further dodgy starting after the bike has been lying up for a few weeks.

Back