• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How many miles have you put on your NC 700?

jsr

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi
I've wanted an NC 700 since they were first released. I'm looking at a 2012 in new-looking condition
with 40,000 miles. The owner says he commuted on it and took care of all maintenance. I have no
reason to doubt him. I believe these bikes are good for 100,000 miles. I'm wondering who has the most
miles on their NC 700. Thanks

I just rolled over 33k in the last 2 years. I also expect to get 100k out of it. I did change out both sprockets to get a lower rpm on the freeway and rarely run it much over 4,000 rpm's, often short-shifting at lower rpm's. I don't care so much about winning drag races I care about durability and I believe that being gentle and using the low end will get it there. One of the great things about this bike is that it redlines at just over 6k with a great low end. That means less engine rotations over the life of the bike and therefore it should last longer.

That's good to hear. I'm the same way. I like to brag about MPG and I never understood reving up
an engine just to hear it or whatever.

My 2018 750X is going in for its first oil change today...638 miles on the clock. I bought it in March and then the pandemic hit. Looking forward to many years and miles ahead of me!

Hi
I've wanted an NC 700 since they were first released. I'm looking at a 2012 in new-looking condition
with 40,000 miles. The owner says he commuted on it and took care of all maintenance. I have no
reason to doubt him. I believe these bikes are good for 100,000 miles. I'm wondering who has the most

I believe you are right,that the NC is good for 100,000 miles. I know of at least two people that frequented this forum that surpased 100,000 miles on their NC700Xs.

Here are threads that discuss higher mileage:

:https://www.nc700-forum.com/threads/nc-millages-whats-the-highest.10075/

I was making a Fuelly fill up entry and started browsing NC700Xs. I see there is an NC Fuelly member named kungfoo222 that shows current NC odometer of 141,586 miles. Now that is impressive.

5D2731CE-384F-4CC7-98FD-794F63C662A0.png

Hi

125,000 miles
before one of the transmission gears wore out. ($1000 repair estimate.)
During that time the only engine part that "failed" was the coolant pump.
That NC is gone now, but it was/is my special all-time fav. Two trips across the continental US and back, as well as many other camping adventures.. most of them detailed on t his forum...

Where can I find the posts on your trips across country. I'm fascinated about your achievement with this bike.

Where can I find the posts on your trips across country. I'm fascinated about your achievement with this bike.
Go to Members, find the field to Find Member, type Strattuner, then when his profile page opens click on Postings. You might have to click on See More at the bottom to see all of his posts listed.

Happy reading!

Wow ... i'm sorry i didn't see this post sooner!

I will site search this forum and find the camping trips... in case I fail, here's a template for sightsearching ANY web site.
Just plug in your own site URL and key words and you're off.... google often does a much more thorough search of the site than the site can do itself.

site:https//www.nc700-forum.com StratTuner camping

NB: I removed the ":" from right after https so this site wouldn't interpret that line as a URL. Put the ":" back when you search.

Thanks for the interest.... [THIS] was a memorable trip...it has the most photos. The cross country ones just don't have the documentation the trip to Omaha had.

Back