• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How can I put satellite radio on my NC?

mpgandfun

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it possible to put satellite radio on my motorcycle...

without buying the all-in-one deal ($200) that doesn't need an existing radio to work? http://www.xm-radio-satellite.com/XM...e_Package.aspx

My bike does not have an existing radio, so I can't just buy the $50 unit and receive satellite programming. I like this package, but it needs an existing radio system to work. http://www.xm-radio-satellite.com/SI...cycle_Kit.aspx

Is there any way around this?

Can I just buy an el-cheapo FM tuner and plug the standard (2nd link I posted) unit into it, and receive satellite programming?

Hello mpgandfun. You could look at the iPod XM Skydock. If you purchase the Skydock, it comes with the antenna and it plugs into the ACC outlet, but you will still need an iPod Touch. I have my ACC outlet on backorder, but I use the Skydock in my car and connect to the radio through an AUX port. The Skydock would be inside your false tank/storage box, so you would not be able to change stations without stopping, but no radio is necessary to play. Once I get my ACC outlet installed, I plan to see how well it will work on my NC700X.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I won't be getting an ipod Touch anytime soon :). I think I might just have to bite the bullet and spring for the
all-in-one deal. I decided that a good 'ol road atlas was enough for me to navigate the U.S. with. So now I have the funds I allocated for a gps unit, available to spend on "entertainment".

The all-in-one also acts as an MP3 player too (which I don't have at the moment). The reviews i've read (most from 2010) complain that the unit
won't work with Windows 7, making it impossible to upload mp3's. I'm going to call the company and see if they've provided for Windows 7 data transfer
yet. If they have, i'm gonna pull the trigger on it.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with a satellite radio dealer. The gal said she couldn't guarantee that I could receive programming, just by plugging a set
of headphones into a "supposed" all-in-one system. Everything i've read or heard over the phone, still leaves the question of whether I can get programming without any sort of radio or speaker system on my bike.

I'm scrapping the satellite radio fantasy, and getting a small portable am/fm radio that i can plug some earphones into.
Sometimes, ya gotta go with what ya know.

Back