• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How are women finding the 750x?

Forty Two

Reaction score
Visit site
I am 5'10" with approximately 33" inseam. I have sat on a 750x and my feet are flat on the ground with my knees slightly bent. I can sit completely upright with holding the grips, arms extended with slight bend at elbows. The bike feels right for me. No pressure on my back or arms. Having said that, as a woman I am not as strong as a man, and I am a bit worried about the weight of the bike and how it handles. I have not had the opportunity to ride it. How are other women finding this bike? Is the weight an issue? What about moving it unpowered, for example down a driveway between cars? Turning corners at slower speeds? Up to now I have been riding cbr300r.

Thank you.

...How are other women finding this bike? Is the weight an issue? What about moving it unpowered, for example down a driveway between cars? Turning corners at slower speeds? Up to now I have been riding cbr300r.

Thank you.
I will convey my wife's thoughts.

She is 5'8", 30" inseam and we lowered her NC700x (but not quite enough).

She can NOT flat foot the bike and she DOES have trouble moving it unpowered on any sort of a slope, such as in a driveway, because she does feel off balance since she can't flat foot the bike. She is always worried about a tip over at 'unpowered' speeds because she has to rely on 1 foot for balance. She felt far more confident on a HD "Street", which is one of the smaller HD models, simply because she could flat foot that bike.

I will be lowering the bike a bit more this week to help her out with the flat foot issue.

Now all that said, once the bike is rolling she is totally fine with the weight. Coming to a stop, riding in traffic, etc is not an issue for her. But oddly sloped parking lots, sloped driveways, etc are always a bit of an issue and that issue is because she cannot flat foot the bike with both feet.

As it is, one foot is flat, the other is on her toes. My goal is to get it down as low as I can get it for her so she can flat foot.

Thank you for sharing her thoughts. You are a good man for helping her be more comfortable.
Well we both have CARDO communicators installed in our helmets so if I don't help her then I'll hear about it the whole ride :rolleyes:

But seriously, if she is not comfortable then she won't want to ride. It only makes sense. Nobody wants to be uncomfortable on a bike, it leads to a lack of confidence, and that can only lead to problems. We all modify our bikes in some way to suit our style. She needs hers lowered a little bit, that is no big problem.

Well we both have CARDO communicators installed in our helmets so if I don't help her then I'll hear about it the whole ride :rolleyes:

But seriously, if she is not comfortable then she won't want to ride. It only makes sense. Nobody wants to be uncomfortable on a bike, it leads to a lack of confidence, and that can only lead to problems. We all modify our bikes in some way to suit our style. She needs hers lowered a little bit, that is no big problem.

Of course you will hear about it! My partner and I have these Lexin https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07DGX2DTK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_BlrxecElnHIqr and I can guarantee you he hears about it as well if I am not happy.

I am 5'10" with approximately 33" inseam. I have sat on a 750x and my feet are flat on the ground with my knees slightly bent. I can sit completely upright with holding the grips, arms extended with slight bend at elbows. The bike feels right for me. No pressure on my back or arms. Having said that, as a woman I am not as strong as a man, and I am a bit worried about the weight of the bike and how it handles. I have not had the opportunity to ride it. How are other women finding this bike? Is the weight an issue? What about moving it unpowered, for example down a driveway between cars? Turning corners at slower speeds? Up to now I have been riding cbr300r.

Thank you.
Speaking only in generalities I’d urge you to build confidence in abilities that are not rooted in being able to flat foot at all times. It will limit the type of bikes available to you and undermine your confidence in other than perfect situations. Traveling on two wheels places is in unfamiliar parking situations on a regular basis.

On a philosophical level we either master the machine or it masters us. Being 5’6” with a 29” inseam I would limited to certain low seat types and models of bikes that hold little interest for me. As long as I can tippee toe both feet then I can slide to one side when necessary to fully flatfoot one foot to push the bike forward or back in a hopping motion. We also learn little tricks like compressing the forks so the rebounding fork helps the backward push to get started. Also judging parking situations critically so as to make the best approach and “landing” to facilitate ease of parking and leaving.

I know this is all easy for me to say and I’m really not judging, just sharing my experience which is that flat footing is not necessary to confidently handle a motorcycle.

I don't think you'd have a problem with it! The NC carries it's weight down low and your bodily dimensions should provide for more than enough confidence to ride it. It balances extremely well at low speed and if you ever need to move it around by foot, I wouldn't imagine it being much more difficult to manage than your CBR300R. Little more weight, but it has grab handles to help move it around too. Go for it if it's what's caught your eye! They are very fun bikes!

At 5'10", 33inch inseam, you are exactly the same dimensions as my wife. Outside of a couple dirt bike rides, she has no street bike experience, but she has ridden my NC in a parking lot for fun. She had NO issues managing the bike. Due to the engine basically laying down in a horizontal position, along with fuel tank being underneath the rider, the NC carries the weight very low and very manageable for just about everyone and strength level. Also, with long legs, you will have no issues flat-footing both feet on the ground which will inspire even more confidence.

As for power, considering I was very used to 100+HP machines for many years, I was a little considered with only 50HP on tap. Honda nailed the gearing and getting to 80-90MPH is no issue, along with beating most all cars from a stop. Handling and dimension, outside of a scooter, it's is about as perfect as it can get in a urban setting.

The NC is about the most versatile and practical motorcycle ever made. And I come from a long list of motorcycles....everything from BMW GS, Harley's, superbikes, KTM's, etc...

Having said that, as a woman I am not as strong as a man, and I am a bit worried about the weight of the bike and how it handles. I have not had the opportunity to ride it. How are other women finding this bike? Is the weight an issue? What about moving it unpowered, for example down a driveway between cars? Turning corners at slower speeds? Up to now I have been riding cbr300r.

Thank you.

Hi, I'm 5'3" 125lbs. Previously I rode a 650 cruiser with a much lower seat, so the NC is extremely tall for me. Mine is both lowered to the max and I have pullbacks on the bars. The weight of the bike isn't an issue at all while riding. I have a talent for finding every rustic crushed rock road, fresh gravel, pot hole, and muddy logging road around :rolleyes:, places I never would have taken my cruiser. So I drop my NC a lot. Bonus is that it has a low center of gravity and is easy to pick up! And I outfitted it so when I do drop it, only my crash guards and panniers hit the ground.

With a 26" inseam even lowered 3" I cannot backup even the slightest incline while sitting. My little legs try but my toes barley touch so I just look like I am awkwardly running in place. I have to get off and dealer back it or more often bat my eyelashes at the man and he moves it. Moving the NC down an incline is not an issue.

I love my NC it does way more then I expected.

MT, there is a fellow on here that took his riding boots to a Shoe-smith and had them add 1" to the sole which made a huge difference for him. just a thought :{)

You all are definitely great at convincing. Just waiting to see how the 2020 model looks. If I should snap up a 2019 for a discount or if it would be worth it to buy the 2020? That will be seen once I see the 2020.

You all are definitely great at convincing. Just waiting to see how the 2020 model looks. If I should snap up a 2019 for a discount or if it would be worth it to buy the 2020? That will be seen once I see the 2020.

We have no word yet on whether any changes are coming for 2020, or if there will even be a 2020 model. I don’t know how the market is in Canada, but in the USA, it’s not uncommon to find a new, never sold NC in dealer stock that’s several years old, for a significant discount.

Or pick up a steal on a pre-owned. You have even less invested in case you aren’t happy with the bike - and you’ll likely save a load of money on some of the more popular modifications that are already done for you.

At least for the USA, Honda trickles out next year model information in bits and pieces throughout the latter half of the year. They tell what they want to, when they want to tell it. Some 2020s were announced last May. Some may not be announced until November. This web site: Honda-Pro Kevin | Motorcycles / ATVs / UTVs - News, Reviews, Pictures & Videos, Specs + More! seems to keep readers well informed for US models, or you can watch your Honda web site for when they make announcements.

Last edited:
I am a fan of skill development. Investing in training and practice are fundamental to good riding in my opinion. Having a bike that fits your is a great foundation to start with.

Honda already announced all of their discontinued models and it didn't include the NC, so for 2020 I expect either to simply be offered in another color, or some actual changes to be made to the bike. We'll probably just get another color. Ha. But I am curious too as to what 2020 holds for the NC too.

Forty Two: Even though I am a guy, I am not strong (yep, I admit it). I am 5'10" with a 32" inseam and I can flat foot the bike with both feet in my street shoes (dont ride in street shoes though) with no heels. I am chicken wings for arms and my legs are match sticks with crooked knees (big gut though). I have no trouble backing the bike out of my garage (and I have a gravel driveway which is slight downhill and canted to the side from the garage). Low speeds maneuvers are a breeze....way back when I took the MSF basic course and hated the box, even on their little cruiser gz250...a year after I got the NC700x, I took and MSF experienced course and used the NC700x and the box was a breeze. You can ride the NC700x at 1 mph through parking lots, around obstacles, etc and it still feels balanced. I also have a Suzuki C50 Boulevard cruiser, which only has a 27" seat height and the NC700x is extremely more maneuverable than the C50...if you can find new old stock, you may get a killer price. Dont forget the NC700 (really a 670cc engine); even though the 750 has 75 more CCs, the 750 only has about 3 more HP and the 750 front trunk (frunk) is only 1 liter bigger. Rest is about the same (besides color-and the 750 has slots in the top of the frunk so adding a tank bag is easier-but who needs a tank bag when there are 21 liter frunk storage on the 700 and 22 liter frunk storage on the 750).

Back