• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How are women finding the 750x?

Forty Two: ...if you can find new old stock, you may get a killer price. Dont forget the NC700 (really a 670cc engine); even though the 750 has 75 more CCs, the 750 only has about 3 more HP and the 750 front trunk (frunk) is only 1 liter bigger. Rest is about the same (besides color-and the 750 has slots in the top of the frunk so adding a tank bag is easier-but who needs a tank bag when there are 21 liter frunk storage on the 700 and 22 liter frunk storage on the 750).
Just to clarify, the 2016 and 2017 model year NC700x motorcycles have the exact: same body work, same 22 Liter frunk, same slots for the tank bag, etc as the 2018/19 NC750x motorcycles.

2012 to 2015 model year NC700x motorcycles have the 'old' style plastic, 21 Liter Frunk, etc.

The 2016 and newer also have the 3rd generation DCT and newer ABS brake system. 2018/19 have traction control + LED

Any dealer should be willing to allow you to push one around the parking lot to make sure you comfortable with it. Hell, any dealer that's worth a damn would lay one on the side for you to let you pick it up

Don't be afraid to ask

Any dealer should be willing to allow you to push one around the parking lot to make sure you comfortable with it. Hell, any dealer that's worth a damn would lay one on the side for you to let you pick it up

Don't be afraid to ask
Laying one on its side for someone to see if they can pick it up is a ridiculous expectation out of a dealer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've never seen a dealer lay a bike down for a test pick-up, but it's not a bad idea. Unfortunately, technique is as important as strength and weight of the rider (maybe more important), so I'm guessing there would be significant resistance to doing this for a prospective buyer who may not be experienced enough to have developed the proper technique in the first place.

That said, it surely can't hurt for the buyer to mention that as a concern and see what happens. As to moving the bike around without power, my experience suggests it is one of the better mid-size bikes in that regard. It does not have a very tight turning radius, however, so learning how to spin the bike on its kick stand is helpful in the garage and/or in some tight parking spots.

Personally, I came down size, weight, and power-wise to my NC750XD from other adventure bikes. I don't regret the move. There is a lot to like about this machine.

Just an update on the lowering issue.

While some ladies may not need it lowered, we dropped my wife's down as far as it would go when the tires were being changed. I rode it home from the shop.

The bike did not bottom out the suspension when I rode it over railroad tracks, a seriously bumpy road, etc. Short of doing foolish things or taking it offload, I did as much as was reasonably possible to bottom out the suspension. Granted this was done with no added weight in the Givi V35 side boxes so it was not 'touring weight' but it was daily riding weight on the suspension. The dealer was a bit concerned about scraping something in the corners, so I took some rural corners fairly aggressively (far more so than my wife rides) and didn't scrape anything or bottom out anything. Some longer rides may turn up some issues, but the 20 miles home turned up no issues.

She has not ridden it yet (rain yesterday afternoon and doing other things today) but she did throw her leg over it. She can not only "flat foot" it with both feet, she has some 'air' under her when she's standing with it. So it is LOW. Fair to say that the NC700x/750x can be turned into a 'low rider' with a seat height that rivals some of the cruiser style bikes.

NOW ALL THAT SAID ... my wife is eyeing my Corbin seat with envy. I think a custom seat will be the next modification to her bike.

Last edited:
Just an update on the lowering issue.

While some ladies may not need it lowered, we dropped my wife's down as far as it would go when the tires were being changed. I rode it home from the shop.

The bike did not bottom out the suspension when I rode it over railroad tracks, a seriously bumpy road, etc. Short of doing foolish things or taking it offload, I did as much as was reasonably possible to bottom out the suspension. Granted this was done with no added weight in the Givi V35 side boxes so it was not 'touring weight' but it was daily riding weight on the suspension. The dealer was a bit concerned about scraping something in the corners, so I took some rural corners fairly aggressively (far more so than my wife rides) and didn't scrape anything or bottom out anything. Some longer rides may turn up some issues, but the 20 miles home turned up no issues.

She has not ridden it yet (rain yesterday afternoon and doing other things today) but she did throw her leg over it. She can not only "flat foot" it with both feet, she has some 'air' under her when she's standing with it. So it is LOW. Fair to say that the NC700x/750x can be turned into a 'low rider' with a seat height that rivals some of the cruiser style bikes.

NOW ALL THAT SAID ... my wife is eyeing my Corbin seat with envy. I think a custom seat will be the next modification to her bike.

Thank you for the reply. Please ask her to post her thoughts once she rides it.

Last edited:
Back