• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How about a game of NC tag? Its a lot of fun!

Tough one a week after 4th of July/ All the stands around here are closed and gone until new years.

Then again maybe I'll have a chance to compete for it as my bike will hopefully have a new fuel pump by the end of the year.

I thought about that... here, in rural areas the stands stay up year round, they just board them up until they can start selling. We'll see if someone can grab it soon, I can change it to something else if needed.

trey

Around here they build permanent buildings for them and only open them twice a year. This is actually the smallest of 5 in Texarkana.
74775ccaf2bb06918c9dd6ce1fa544e7.jpg
7137c9386f729ddd48b499a9d1106426.jpg

Next up is a local, nonprofit social services organization. This one is a organization that helps learning disabled people transition to employment and somewhat of a free lifestyle.
d3d51e49ac9ca1e75840932619fd3fbc.jpg

Big Brothers Big Sisters... A terrific organization. Several friends and acquaintances volunteer with them.20150713_153935.jpg

New tag. An old timey movie theater. This one is a Fox theater in old Centralia,WA.
20150713_160130.jpg

If no one snags this tag pretty soon, I'm going to have to steal it with another old theater just so I can post a new challenge. I ran into something very cool out in my neck of the woods. Can't wait to put it out as a new tag.

BTW... You do not have to find a theater laying on its side... Any old theater will do... ;-)

>T

Old tag.. Tattoo parlor20150729_153742.jpg

New tag... Street with a comical, whimsical, personal, or otherwise interesting name. The county would not let the developer name this road after himself so he made up a story of the asian immigrant lady who lived on the land for 40 years and they let him name it after her... The locals pronounce it 'My Lane'...

20150729_160735.jpg

Sorry, but couldn't resist posting this pic considering the tag.

Not my pic, not my bike but a highly amusing (to me anyway) town name in the UK.

I'll get my coat - please continue the thread without me....!

Attachments

• s'ton.jpg
    s'ton.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 170
I Dream of Jeannie Lane, Cocoa Beach, Florida. I was trying to rotate the pictures, but I don't know what happened and can't get them right-side up...

20150730_131249.jpg20150730_131314.jpg

So we've done some planes, what about a space shuttle... U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame, Titusville, Florida. Space theme next, there's not too many space shuttles laying around, so it's open to interpretation.

20150730_135959.jpg

Attachments

• 20150730_131247.jpg
    20150730_131247.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 184
  • 20150730_131248.jpg
    20150730_131248.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
So we've done some planes, what about a space shuttle... U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame, Titusville, Florida. Space theme next, there's not too many space shuttles laying around, so it's open to interpretation.

I'm curious about that one. Since there never was a shuttle "Inspiration", I'm wondering what it really is? I've never even heard of that name connected with any of the non-flying mock up testers, or anything. Interesting! A scale model perhaps? :cool:

I :heart: Space Shuttles :D

LBS.. I wondered about that too. I found this on an older website about shuttles and their locations....

"Shuttle Inspiration, a life-sized mockup of wood and plastic built by Rockwell in 1972 for its official proposal to build the shuttle, is now owned by the City of Downey, California. There are plans to create a museum around it, but it is currently disassembled and in storage until funds can be allocated. I remember climbing on it on a science day for the Boy Scouts way back in the 1980s; it gives you a sense of its size and the scale of the crew compartments, but of course there wouldn't be any genuine artifacts, making it just slightly better than various other independently created replicas that seem to be floating around."

I wonder if this is the same mock-up?
>Thom

It's a full size replica and display, visitors can walk around inside and tour in it and see some of the tech inside as part of the museum. At another building they have a "Rocket Garden", but it was a pedestrian path only ;)

Best I could find today but I consider the tag still open.

Rode by the aviation museum at Warner Robins AFB testing out my new fuel pump. Found this around back with no information posted. It had Russian markings on it.
S 200.JPG
Went home and looked it up. It is a S 200 (NATO designation SA 5) surface to air missile with a 105,000' altitude capability.

There's a dam with a light controlled single lane, but it's the opposite direction of our ride on Monday.
If the tag lasts I may be able to get over there later in the week.

There's a dam with a light controlled single lane, but it's the opposite direction of our ride on Monday.
If the tag lasts I may be able to get over there later in the week.

I'll be snagging this tomorrow, but I don't think I'll be on the NC so you'll probably have it waiting for you later in the week. :)

Back