• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How about a game of NC tag? Its a lot of fun!

Here's the anchor tag.

11ba8e1a95491e11cc468e71e060e040_zps9b86b118.jpg

And the new tag is..............a post box.

826c829170739c222545ba712fd8db8d_zpsf36fe66c.jpg

Old tag: Post Box
image.jpg

New tag: An abandoned bridge. This one has a plaque on it saying it was built in 1911.
image.jpg

Last edited:
First chance to ride today for 5 weeks. Took long way home. Half way home remembered the game and stopped to look up what the current tag is on my phone. Made a detour to get this one. This is a tough game making me ride extra miles. :)

Old Tag abandoned bridge. This one on Glenwood Springs Rd. near Eatonton, GA over Murder Creek.
IMG_2178.jpg

New Tag -- Animal(s) blocking your path.
IMG_2173 (2).jpg
This is not an open range state. Someone needs to upgrade their fence. I have several times seen these guys on the road out of their pasture.

Last edited:
Wow, that's like a Where's Waldo shot there. Took me a while to see the bridge! It's definitely not open for traffic.

Wow, that's like a Where's Waldo shot there. Took me a while to see the bridge! It's definitely not open for traffic.

Here is another picture taken last February, but against rules to use this one for tag. Have to ride to take picture after tag posted.
11268-2014-what-did-you-do-your-nc700-today-photo-1-20.jpg

The wisteria on it is pretty when it blooms in the spring.

Last edited:
Took a quick ~85 mile ride before the heat sets in, the only things in the road were butterflies, they don't really block it. :D

First chance to ride today for 5 weeks. Took long way home. Half way home remembered the game and stopped to look up what the current tag is on my phone. Made a detour to get this one. This is a tough game making me ride extra miles. :)

Old Tag abandoned bridge. This one on Glenwood Springs Rd. near Eatonton, GA over Murder Creek.
View attachment 19669

New Tag -- Animal(s) blocking your path.
View attachment 19670
This is not an open range state. Someone needs to upgrade their fence. I have several times seen these guys on the road out of their pasture.
Murder creek??? There's got to be a story there. Google, here I come...

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

I was on a back road today,6 very big buzzards sitting in the road.I stop,get phone out and ready to take pic for this tag and out of no where a car comes by and off they fly before the pic. I waited but did not come back.said un real to myself and road away.

Murder creek??? There's got to be a story there. Google, here I come...

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Here is one of the stories I found...

From The Monticello News

"Many stories have been told as to how the creek got its name and most are different. Here is probably the true history of how it "got its name as noted in Indian Affairs, Vol 1, pp 19-20, Ala/Ga Indian History. If you have a better and more accurate story let me know.

In about 1788 a bloody transaction occurred in our area. The Creeks were active upon the Georgia frontier, engaged in the settlement of Oconee lands; they reduced the town of Greensboro to ashes including the Courthouse. They also carried to the Creek Nation white captives as well as much plunder.

A Colonel McGillivry formed an acquaintance with many royalists and among them, Colonel Kirkland of South Carolina. They all later met at a house upon the Coosa River in 1788, with his son, his nephew and several other gentlemen.

They were on their way to Pensacola, where they intended to procure passports, and settle in the Spanish province of Louisiana. When they left, McGillivry sent his servant to guide them to Pensacola. The presence of the servant would assure the Indians that they were friends, for it was dangerous to travel in this area without the Chieftain’s protection.

The Colonel and his party had much silver in their saddlebags. When they arrived within a mile of this large creek that flows into the Conecuh(Oconee?), they met a pack horse party, about sunset, going up to the Indian nation. They had been to Pensacola on a trading expedition.
The party consisted of a Hillabee Indian, who had murdered so many men that he was called the “Man-slayer,” a white man who had fled from the states for the crime of murder, and on account of his ferocity the Indians called him “Cat,” along with Bob a bloodthirsty Negro.

By night the Colonel and his men were settled in and out of sight and the scoundrels camped across the creek near the trading trail. As soon as the Colonel’s party went to sleep with their saddlebags, full of silver, under their heads and their guns against a tree, the wretches from the other side of the creek slipped in and seized all the guns and killed all of them, dividing the booty.

The group then proceeded to the Creek Nation, and when the horrid affair became known, Colonel McGillivray sent persons in pursuit of them and captured Cat but the others escaped. Milford was directed to convey the scoundrel to the spot where he had shed the blood of these men and there to hang him, until he was dead.

Upon the journey Milford secured him in temporary stocks with notched pine logs. Reaching the creek where Kirkland and his party were murdered, Cat was suspended to the limb of a tree of which was still stained with the blood of the unfortunates. While he was hanging, the Frenchman stopped his motions with a pistol ball. Such is the origin of the name “Murder Creek.”

This seems like a logical story so now when we see the signs on the bridges over “Murder Creek” we know where it got its name."

Thanks Zipersdad. I had seen another version of that story that made me think it was a Murder Creek in Alabama. This one relates it to one that enters the Oconee River which is where the creek in my picture goes.

How about a short video clip instead of a pic? No part of my NC is visible but I can assure you
I was riding it home from work last night when I dodged this prickly pair. I can clip a photo from
the footage if need be :).

Sorry about the slight lean of the camera and video quality. I'm getting used to my new cam and how to adjust its
settings for recording. The footage I've taken during the day has been very good quality video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_a7M6L1vMw

Last edited:
Took another 300 mile ride today through the Sierras, the only things blocking the road were some construction crews. :(

Back