Horn suggestion

76Hawke

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up another new Denali SoundBomb MINI today.

Got home. Installed it. Didn’t work. stock horn works. WTH?
I appreciate the updates.
I seldom use my horn, but rush hour commutes leave me wishing I had one folks could hear at times.
Sorry the road to being heard has been so difficult

greenboy

Reaction score
Visit site
So far the only horn I've needed is the typical whimpy stock one – and my pipe with a quick full twist of the wrist with maybe the clutch simultaneously disengaged. Which is funny since my NC is so much quieter than the typical Harley. I suppose it wakens the unwary because until I give it a quick rev up they don't hear it at all, unlike many cruisers you hear for a mile ; }

Last edited:

greenboy

Reaction score
Visit site

melensdad

Reaction score
Visit site
New Denali Sound BombMini also did not work on either bike. Tried 2 new horns. Gave up. Sticking with stock.

76Hawke

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

davidc83

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bi
Visit site
Is that weatherproof at current location, or do you run extensions into the side fairings as referenced by dduelin?
On my c50 boulevard, the position has the opening pointing in a slightly downward position, so it doesnt collect water...On the nc700, it points up and will collect water...I havent ridden in the rain since I put it on the Nc700, I have washed the bike and just put a paper towel in it to soak up the water (a few times) and it hasnt harmed the horn...I guess one can make extenders for the wires so it can be turned in a downward position or like a few has suggested, drill a hole in the bottom of that curve so water would drain out...but I have done neither...

Virgil2014

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the Denali Mini Soundbomb with the Denali wiring and relay. It’s LOUD.
Scare myself when I hit the button when working on the bike in the garage.
Mounted it to the R Gaza engine Bars.
Here’s a pic.
CheersE6158862-852A-4B4E-BF5E-6776D6D05FE1.jpeg

Attachments

• 7F2B1374-9DFA-442D-AC16-C208FD552B8C.jpeg
    7F2B1374-9DFA-442D-AC16-C208FD552B8C.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9

Anyyoyo

Reaction score
Visit site
The Denali Sound Bomb Mini is not plug & play - but it is a nice sound. As loud as my car now.
Had to make some extensions for the spade connections - not hard - looks okay. You decide.

Attachments

• Denali_SBM.jpg
    Denali_SBM.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 9

melensdad

Reaction score
Visit site
The Denali Sound Bomb Mini is not plug & play - but it is a nice sound. As loud as my car now.
Had to make some extensions for the spade connections - not hard - looks okay. You decide.
Did you run a separate circuit for your Sound Bomb MINI or use your existing wires & circuit.

Using the factory wiring I tried 3 different Denali Sound Bomb Minis on my 2018 and other than blowing fuses with the first one, and getting no sound out of the other 2, I gave up on changing my horn.

FWIW I tried 2 of the 3 on my wife's 2016 with exactly the same results.

I can't believe that 3 out of the 3 horns I purchased could be defective but maybe I just got really unlucky?