• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda USA website updated to add the 2018 NC750X

Went to my dealer yesterday, they said they can't order the new NC 750x for another couple of months. Well that sucks.

Honda must have their reasons but seems strange that a larger market (USA vs Canada) gets the new bikes so late. Canadians get the new bikes in May. Really curious to see what features the 2018 NC has for the US.
Of the features i listed elsewhere. I got almost all of them. Namely, better redesigned seat. LED lights front and rear. Rev redline limiter raise from 6600 to 7500. 2 mode traction control plus off. DCT adaptive clutch - works
better in slow speed traffic. Simulates feathering clutch. The only thing still missing (even tho it was listed on the Honda Canada website in 2016 and 2018) is the Showa dual bending forks.

Those that have NC750X DCT on order in the US could you please list what features you get on the bike? (BTW my bike is #4. The 4th bike off the line. Last numbers of VIN is 0004)

I would like to know whether or not the adaptive clutch really made any difference in low speed maneuvering. That is an issue with me on my 2012 model when I go to turn around in my gravel driveway every morning. I have an order in for a new bike but here in the land of the free there is no availability yet (June 21st) and none really on the immediate horizon. I have a trip to BC coming up at the end of August and I am probably going to be on my old bike. Too bad.

I would like to know whether or not the adaptive clutch really made any difference in low speed maneuvering. That is an issue with me on my 2012 model when I go to turn around in my gravel driveway every morning. I have an order in for a new bike but here in the land of the free there is no availability yet (June 21st) and none really on the immediate horizon. I have a trip to BC coming up at the end of August and I am probably going to be on my old bike. Too bad.

Slow speed maneuvers require a slightly different strategy. Instead of slipping the clutch manually, the DCT does it for you. You control your speed by balancing throttle and rear brake. I hold the throttle somewhere above idle and control the speed with the brake.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Do you think the USA will get the X-ADV at some point in the future, and do you think it would sell reasonably well in the USA?

My opinion, and it’s only an opinion, is that the X-ADV will not be offered in the US because it wouldn’t sell well. I personally think the X looks great, but I don’t think I’d buy one.

The X-ADV has the appearance of being a restyled Integra, which was never available in the US. It also, in the eyes of a US buyer, has somewhat the appearance of a maxi-scooter. Currently in the US, Honda markets only three scooters, the biggest being the PCX150. The 300cc Forza is no longer a current model, and the Silver Wing 600 is long gone. The NC700X has not even been really popular, given that new leftover models are readily available. Seeing the NC in the wild is not common.

Given that the X-ADV would be priced even higher than the NC, I don’t see US buyers going for it. Other motorcycles in that same price category might appeal more to US tastes, and the X-ADV would be overlooked.

Last edited:
My opinion, and it’s only an opinion, is that the X-ADV will not be offered in the US because it wouldn’t sell well. I personally think the X looks great, but I don’t think I’d buy one.

The X-ADV has the appearance of being a restyled Integra, which was never available in the US. It also, in the eyes of a US buyer, has somewhat the appearance of a maxi-scooter. Currently in the US, Honda markets only three scooters, the biggest being the PCX150. The 300cc Forza is no longer a current model, and the Silver Wing 600 is long gone. The NC700X has not even been really popular, given that new leftover models are readily available. Seeing the NC in the wild is not common.

Given that the X-ADV would be priced even higher than the NC, I don’t see US buyers going for it. Other motorcycles in that same price category might appeal more to US tastes, and the X-ADV would be overlooked.

I'd buy an X-ADV if the low speed performance was smooth.
One issue I have with my NC with DCT is at ~25mph it can't decide what gear to be in.
And no, I'm not interested in putting it in manual.
Seems simple enough to make the shift overlaps wider, especially in such a low-rpm and torqey machine.

The 750 is now here in the USA. Here pictured is one at a Honda Powerhouse dealer that arrived 3 days ago.

LED head and tail lights. Light grey wheels. SINGLE front disk brake (told ya!).

E556D21E-6742-4A9D-A4E8-0D6ACF5AEB78.jpgF545EF7C-B9EF-415D-9A4C-9C70A0EE979F.jpg30BF9B59-01FA-40EB-BCA4-A448FE944BE0.jpg9C9BDC26-1463-4DE4-A310-471569ADE292.jpg

Last edited:
Since there are $1000 dealer incentives on 14’-15’-16’-17’ NC some dealers might be not willing to order or carry the new models ????? So they are giving out bad information ?
The carry over models tend to mess up the new model pricing for years. Sometimes hard to sell a new model for $8k when a similar new carry over model might be priced at $5k

The 2018 looks like a 2016 or 2017 but with the bigger motor and the traction control button. The dealer couldn’t tell me whether ABS was available on the manual transmission. It’s evolutionary, but certainly not revolutionary. The color was too dark for my tastes, but it’s a play-it-safe color typical for Honda. More pics of the 2018:
E3F3CAE7-1416-4AF8-A0D1-7129CB669E4E.jpg
A06FF1D7-5E93-4BFA-BCB5-FECA45C26FAC.jpg
DF720B61-859A-4896-A986-A9FC47120FB8.jpg
B7BB948F-58F8-4E9C-999B-20F0FB98C724.jpg

Attachments

• 2B5EC723-0037-4B36-89B8-09F2A570A1C9.jpg
    2B5EC723-0037-4B36-89B8-09F2A570A1C9.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Since there are $1000 dealer incentives on 14’-15’-16’-17’ NC some dealers might be not willing to order or carry the new models ????? So they are giving out bad information ?
The carry over models tend to mess up the new model pricing for years. Sometimes hard to sell a new model for $8k when a similar new carry over model might be priced at $5k

In my shopping experience with leftover models this year, the pattern I saw is that the large volume aggressive dealers price their old inventory attractively and move it fast. Then they fill the store with current year models that can sell near MSRP. The small fry dealers are the ones that cling to the old inventory hoping to get top dollar.

The Powerhouse dealers have very few 2017s left and even fewer 2016s, but they seem to be able to pull old models from Honda warehouses if you want a deal. On the other hand I have a small local dealer that still has a new 2012 NC700X on the floor.

A friend of mine just picked up a new old stock 2014 CB500F from a really small dealer. I’m sure the $1000 factory to dealer rebate played a part in getting the price down reasonable. Still, I guess this dealer had kept in inventory for 4 years before they made a dime on it.

Last edited:
^^^^^^ Agree.........plus some dealer are not willing to order a non current model witha paid in full contract.....for all the same reasons.
The main reason for the rebate is to empty the Honda warehouses not to empty the dealer showrooms.

Good explanation - Thanks

Thanks for the pictures 670cc. One thing i want to know. One of your pictures just caught the edge of the top of the forks.
Does the USA bike have the Showa Dual Bending forks?

Thanks for the pictures 670cc. One thing i want to know. One of your pictures just caught the edge of the top of the forks.
I didn’t look. What visible traits identify the dual bending type?

Does this picture tell us anything?

9086D3E6-BCE6-4EFC-9E38-E8AAF22EED9C.jpg

Back