• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda USA website updated to add the 2018 NC750X

I just did my one-every-now-and-then Cycletrader search and saw that there are a few 2018 750's up. But, as usual, they are not showing real photographs, just stock Honda images.

2018 Honda NC750X DCT, Huntington Beach CA - - Cycletrader.com

I'm ready to buy, but have a feeling I'll have to travel a distance to find one. My local dealer has not only none in stock (they are very small) but no plans to order any.

Does this picture tell us anything?

looks same as mine. Does not have the showa caps. So either they have the innards but not the caps or just no Showa.
But i am guessing no to Showa as every other bike that has these have the Showa caps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that blows! The SDBV forks were one of the things I was looking forward to.

Edit: I just looked on the Honda US website and it specifically says: Front Suspension 41mm Showa Dual Bending Valve telescopic fork; 5.4 in. travel
Read more at 2018 NC750X Specifications - Honda Powersports I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer and see.

Last edited:
Well that blows! The SDBV forks were one of the things I was looking forward to.

Edit: I just looked on the Honda US website and it specifically says: Front Suspension 41mm Showa Dual Bending Valve telescopic fork; 5.4 in. travel
Read more at 2018 NC750X Specifications - Honda Powersports I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer and see.

You’ll also notice that the Honda US website USA states that the 2018 NC750X has two front brake disks, but alas, the actual machine has only one. So much for the web site. I don’t think waiting to see on the forks is going to matter, since we can see it in my photo.

Last edited:
I filled out a "contact us" form on the Honda web site about the mistakes on the USA 2018 NC750X specifications. A few days later, today, I got a call from American Honda customer service, who said they verified my report and found that the Honda web page had several errors, the disk brakes definitely being one of them. They are in the process of getting the specs corrected. I was thanked for giving them feedback. It was comforting to know that they are responsive in such matters.

I also asked for confirmation as to whether the manual transmission version has ABS, as the website states. I was told that the models are configured as in the past - that the 2018 manual transmission model does not have ABS. Final confirmation would come only when I see it in person.

I just don't understand why they can't put the ABS on them. [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I noticed the seat part numbers changed from the 2017 NC700X to the 2018 NC750X. I wonder what the difference is. I didn’t sit on the 2018 at the dealer, but it’s been so long since I sat on a stock seat, I probably wouldn’t know the difference.

Honda website now properly states that the 2018 NC750X front brake is a single disk. It also shows that ABS is not included on the manual transmission model.

The Honda site still shows the the Showa dual bending valve front fork is present, although I did not see evidence of that feature on the 2018 model that I saw in person. If someone else has hands on experience with the USA 2018 model, please report the presence or absence of that front suspension feature.

I just don't understand why they can't put the ABS on them. [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Same reason that you can no longer get AWD on the RT trim line of the Honda Ridgeline. They entice you to get a higher trim level to try to extract more money from your wallet.

Last edited:
Honda website now properly states that the 2018 NC750X front brake is a single disk. It also shows that ABS is not included on the manual transmission model.

The Honda site still shows the the Showa dual bending valve front fork is present, although I did not see evidence of that feature on the 2018 model that I saw in person. If someone else has hands on experience with the USA 2018 model, please report the presence or absence of that front suspension feature.

I contacted American Showa and asked them about the branding of their items; this is the response I received:
"Most US Showa products have Showa branding as a feature on cast component". I specifically asked about the 2018 Honda NC750x in United States-still waiting on a reply (been 3 days)

I contacted American Showa and asked them about the branding of their items; this is the response I received:
"Most US Showa products have Showa branding as a feature on cast component". I specifically asked about the 2018 Honda NC750x in United States-still waiting on a reply (been 3 days)

I think the question isn't if the NC750X has Showa components but rather if the Showa forks on the NC750X are the dual bending valve fork instead of the basic damping rod Showa fork on the NC700X. The DBV fork is supposed to act like a cartridge fork that uses shims that bend in response to applied hydraulic pressure from compression and rebound. It's interesting to me that Honda uses this terminology instead of saying it is a cartridge fork. Those NC700/750 owners that have installed cartridge emulators from Race Tech, Cogent Dynamics, and other suppliers have Showa 'dual bending valve' forks now.

Good explanation, Dave.

Per dduelin’s comments above, there seems to be confusion about the Showa forks. People are wanting the “Showa” forks on their 2018, but what they really want is the dual bending valve version of Showa fork. I’m pretty sure the NC forks have always been made by Showa, or at least from Showa components. Showa is shown as the supplier for many of the 2012-2017 NC fork parts, as shown in the Honda parts listing.

Edit to add: The 2018 US NC750X front fork parts lists shown on cheapcycleparts.com appears to represent a “standard” damping rod front fork, not the dual bending valve version. This runs contrary to the current Honda web site specs page.

Last edited:
Good explanation, Dave.

Per dduelin’s comments above, there seems to be confusion about the Showa forks. People are wanting the “Showa” forks on their 2018, but what they really want is the dual bending valve version of Showa fork. I’m pretty sure the NC forks have always been made by Showa, or at least from Showa components. Showa is shown as the supplier for many of the 2012-2017 NC fork parts, as shown in the Honda parts listing.

Edit to add: The 2018 US NC750X front fork parts lists shown on cheapcycleparts.com appears to represent a “standard” damping rod front fork, not the dual bending valve version. This runs contrary to the current Honda web site specs page.
Now we need someone with a U.S. 750 to dismantle their forks and let us know for sure

The fork parts diagrams are identical for the USA version 2018 750X and previous 700X models. The rear shock also.

So Honda fixed the brake specs on the web page but not the fork specs, so I put in another message to Honda asking them for further correction.

In summary, it looks like the differences (so far) between a 2017 and 2018 USA NC7--X are:

Different seat part number
"Bold new color"
750 vs 700 engine
For DCT model, later generation DCT, traction control
LED headlight

Last edited:
The Honda US website has now removed Dual Bending Valve from the front fork description on the 2018 NC750X. As far as I can tell, they now have their specifications aligned with the actual motorcycle. It sure is odd that we needed to tell them their own published specs were wrong.

Last edited:
Back