• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda US site now showing 2021 CRF300L and Rally

You thinking of getting one ? I will probably get a test ride back to back with my 250 and then consider if it is worth it.

You thinking of getting one ? I will probably get a test ride back to back with my 250 and then consider if it is worth it.
I can’t think of any time in the past that I have “upgraded” to a later model year of any motorcycle I have owned. For example, not much about the later models of the NCX makes me want to “upgrade”. Likewise, my old Goldwing is just fine; don’t want the new one. But, in the case of the 250L Rally, I think the things that Honda has done to the 300 are exactly what I would have asked for: More piston stroke, more fuel capacity, a little less weight, more red and less black coloring on the bodywork, and maybe some improvement to the transmission gearing choices. Plus, if I can get a dealer to order me one, then for the first time I could own a bike with ABS. I have done a lot of mods so far to my 250 Rally, but I’m willing to switch them over to the 300 Rally since I think the overall end result will be worth the effort. So, yes, I’ll give a Honda Powerhouse dealer a call and see what the timing is on their availability in the USA.

My concern would be that if I get one, I can transfer the bashplate and shock. I doubt if the carrier can be transferred.

A large Honda Powerhouse dealer that I contacted said the CRF300L/Rally will not be “released“ until March, 2021, meaning dealers cannot even order them until then. It looks like it may be mid year before I’ll even be able to get a test ride.

Meanwhile, my 250 continues to get more mods done. Yesterday I installed a SpeedoDRD speedometer correction device, and added some reflective tape to make it more conspicuous.

My dealer of choice tells me delivery (in western Canada) of my own CRF300L Rally will happen in February (1). Some pundit on some web page opines the only accessories will be a rear rack and a 38 (2) litre trunk for said rear rack. Not confirmed and I haven't seen any renderings or spy photos. Honda is mute on that point.
Although multiple dealers are taking deposits so by appearances only - there may be an uptick in demand.
I suppose my return to riding more off-asphalt is a continuation of my migration from touring/sport-touring motorcycles, through NC700 ownership and now leaning more to dirt than not. This year will mark my 50th since starting to ride in 1971. I'm shocked, as the only clues to my advancing years are the reflection in the mirror and overall inability to do the physical activities I used to do. Well. Without the achiness and pain for days following. Inwardly, I'm still the immature (yay!) kid I was back then.
Regardless, if there's interest on an NC forum for a brief first impression (following delivery) of Honda's latest upgrade, I'll post a few.

michael

(1) Which, he tells me, is 'Honda speak," for March or April.
(2) 38 litres is one big trunk - i'm more confident that's a mis-print.

Back