• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Touring windshield vs Aftermarket

I'm 5'10" but high waisted so more like 5'8" in saddle so may not be good reference and also having a GL1800 (almost a lounge chair) may be biased. I've tried stock (like riding a naked bike) ok in summer with full face helmet but cold in winter. Tried the Honda Touring and had lots of turbulence and noise. The GIVI was good but still had some turbulence but could see over in lowest slot but still some wind so tried the wonderlick deflector and made a big difference at speed but in rain could not see through but could flip over and hide..not a bad solution just not for me. Finally a 22" CeeBailey that gets the wind over my head and is so optically clear that looking through is good (I've had a CeeBailey on my Wing since 2003 and love it and I have to look through it always) . I also tried the Palmer adapters with the GIVI and CeeBailey but found the CeeBailey without adjustment in top position a better fit for me. The Palmer adapters are like the MadStad I had on my dl650 but much less expensive and there is a thread on it specifically in this forum. UDDATE I went back to having the CeeBailey 22" on the Palmer Adapters with the adjustment plate (reduce amount of wind behind the shield) and seems the be good all around solution for me. Bet then i haven't experienced the ride OCR has with the National Cycle Vstream...

There is a full thread (long) on the best windshields on this forum and if the CeeBailey did not work for me I was going to get the National Cycle Vstream that OCR has. I believe we both will be at the CA Horizion Unlimited gathering Sept. 24 - 27 near Yosemite and you can come see for yourself. Being a taller rider the National Cycle Vstream may be a better fit for you but until you try some you will not know. I know there are a bunch of NC700X riders in WA you should find them and see what works for them before you buy. I did have fun testing out the one's I had/have but then sure could have bought some tires and fuel with the $ I spent. I was fortunate on the dl650 I had in that the previous owner had installed the Madstad brackets but the bike was just not comfortable for me, and the NC700X with stock shield was a better fit than the dl650 with all the toys. I like to ride long days in the saddle so the turbulence/noise was a big deal for me thus the search for a better shield .... :-( Good luck with your search.

Last edited:
I'm 5' 9" with 31" inseam and went from standard OE to Honda Touring to Givi to Givi plus Palmers then added my own inner panel. I agree with the comments already posted about the relative merits of different screens. Based on my own experiences and everything I've read on this and the UK forum, the Mad Stad set-up is probably the best compromise but it's also the most expensive and IMHO is the wrong side of the goofy line. I believe my stuff gives me equivalent performance for less $$$ and looks less ugly -but it took me a while to get there!

I bought it and I hate it 5'11 32 inch inseam, had to add a Puig wind deflector still not perfect almost was ready to go back to the smaller one but on long trips it does kill on the bugs !

I'm wondering what did you buy that was not what you wanted... Madstad or the Palmer equivalent ???? I'm hoping to see OCR's setup in NC or CA and I believe he may have the solution for the riders needing a taller shield.

Back