• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda through and through

Dnarod

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi. I’m a newbie to this forum. I am about to order the DCT version of the NC750X having had a ST1100 since 2002 and still riding a 1997 reg CB500 as the spare/winter bike. Unfortunately the Pan suffered a coolant loss and damaged the engine. So RIP Pan and I’m looking forward to the new 750X. Maybe the fates were trying to tellme something about the weight of the Pan and my age (72). The 750x looks a much more manageable prospect. Like to go camping touring so we shall see how it loads and rides fully laden. Anyway I look forward to using this site and chatting about all things 750x.

I found I preferred the 2016 NC's suspension while loaded with camping gear compared to unloaded. If you decide to use the pillion seat for gear I did a piece on replacing the rear seat with a DIY rack that allows access to the gas tank here:

Howdy and welcome

I put 110,000 miles on my 06 ST 1300. Great bike. Across the country a couple of times.

iky2tM9h.jpg

I'm about to turn over 20K on my 2021 NC 750X DCT. I'm 72 as well btw.

at4bYtsh.jpg

There are definitely things I miss about the ST. The elect windshield, the horsepower, that smooth V4 engine, the shaft drive, all the fuel capacity, the built in luggage capacity, but there are things about the NC that are awesome as well, the light weight feeling, the fuel economy (74 mpg summer), the frunk and the DCT trans (which is brilliant imo) in particular.

If you are tall you may want a 2016-2020 model or if short a 2021-2022 model. The rider triangle will be similar on both but the earlier models sit taller due to longer suspension.

You mill probably miss the power and smoothness of the ST but the NC will certainly get the job done. Took me awhile to get used to the lack of power (and I still miss it sometimes) but all in all the NC is a nice little bike.

Welcome,
I owned a 1997 ST1100. The smooth power and huge fuel capacity were nice. The size/length of the bike and the weight were not so good.

Enjoy your NC750X!

Last edited:
Welcome,
I switched from a 2007 ST1300 to a 2015 NC750X because of the weight. I loved the ST but my NC made it easy to forget.

I found I preferred the 2016 NC's suspension while loaded with camping gear compared to unloaded. If you decide to use the pillion seat for gear I did a piece on replacing the rear seat with a DIY rack that allows access to the gas tank here:
Thanks for that. I'll take a look and get back to you.

Yes I thought it was going to see me out but obviously not.
Well, the good news is you are not quite ready to quit. The really good news is the NC DCT makes it a lot easier to continue.

I see you were on the ST board as well, but not very active. Feel free to post up here as much as you like.

Last edited:
Well, the good news is you are not quite ready to quit. The really good news is the NC makes it a lot easier to continue.

I see you were on the ST board as well, but not very active. Feel free to post up here as much as you like.
Not getting the NC until March so lots to find out. Started to put a mods list together. Centre stand, accessory electrics etc. Fortunately Xmas is approaching

I'll check that out

Back