• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Tall Screen

D

danrev

I finally got to take the NC for a longer ride on the highway. With the Skidmarx windscreen on I felt the wind knocking me in the shoulder area. I'm 5'9". Has anyone had any experience with the Honda Tall Screen? It appears to sit a bit more upright than the Skidmarx and I'm thinking it might move the wind over my shoulders. I'm a little hesitant going the CalSci route since several on this Forum have mentioned problems with it pulling out the mounts at higher speeds. So if anyone has actual experience with the Honda Tall Screen I would appreciate your evaluation. Thanks.

I have the honda tall screen and I am searching for something better. I'm 5'11 and it sends the wind right at my nose which makes for a turbulent ride. I moved it up as high as the adjustments will allow and now the wind hits me in the forehead... As far as I can tell, from reading here, the short windscreen is the only one that doesn't cause turbulence around your head, or make the wind noise worse...

So far i am leaving the factory shield on.i wear a full face helmet .i think after a few more trips i am going to move it to the higher holes and see which is better.plus i think the really tall shields look like riot shields lol.

I moved my stock windscreen to the top or highest mounts. I wear a full faced helmet and I don't have a problem with wind turbulence around my head, pretty much seems to hit my chest. I also don't ride at 80+ mph. lol Oh, I'm 6' tall with a 34" inseam.

I am around 5' 9" and the tall honda windshield I have works great. The wind grazes right over my head and keeps my neck from hurting at interstate speeds like the stock one does. Only setback I can see so far is my visor fogs easier but any taller shield can cause that. I like the sturdy construction of Hondas shield and like I said at my height it works great!

I moved my stock windscreen to the top or highest mounts. I wear a full faced helmet and I don't have a problem with wind turbulence around my head, pretty much seems to hit my chest. I also don't ride at 80+ mph. lol Oh, I'm 6' tall with a 34" inseam.
Did you have any problems switching holes??i think i will move mine sooner now.i am 5 10 so maybe wind. go over my head lol

I am similar to the last post. I am 5'11" using stock screen on top mounts with full face helmet. I get the wind turulence at my shoulders.

I'm a little hesitant going the CalSci route since several on this Forum have mentioned problems with it pulling out the mounts at higher speeds.

Dale's nut plates have solved the Calsci problem very nicely. If you get a pair of them the taller Calsci or Parabellum shields should work great for you.

I think i can live with that for now thanks.i rather spend the money on the rear hugger and front extender.those are going to be my first mods.

I also have the tall Honda wind screen and wear a HJC CL-16. It has a pinlock screen that allows interchangeable inserts and I use the clear one to prevent fogging. It's awesome no fog. I'm 5'10" and the tall screen is awesome. I've never ridden with the stock one. I don't notice any turbulence.

I have the honda tall screen.. but its directing the wind straight to my face.. I am wearing Arai ram3 open face and if I have the visor down its ok but I get wind noise..
I recently got the Bruudt windscreen adjuster with some mod and managed to gain 1.5" and its solved my problem.. I can ride with my visor up with the wind just over my helmet.. luv it..

Hey Roy75 ...

Just for reference - What's your height and inseam ??

Thanks ..

I have the honda tall screen.. but its directing the wind straight to my face.. I am wearing Arai ram3 open face and if I have the visor down its ok but I get wind noise..
I recently got the Bruudt windscreen adjuster with some mod and managed to gain 1.5" and its solved my problem.. I can ride with my visor up with the wind just over my helmet.. luv it..

I upgraded to the tall windscreen. The wind used to hit me going around the screen in my chest and arms and square in the face mask. Now it breaks over my head and the chest/arms pressure is mostly gone. I'm 6'2" 34 inseam. However, the air noise seems louder and I must say the tall screen looks dorky compared to the stock screen. What's with the rubber edge guard? Luckily I'm not worried about attracting someone to ride double.

I tried the tall screen on a demo bike and it took the air off my chest but put it all on my helmet. It was too much wind noise so I passed on it. I think the adjusters that others mention might do well to fix it. I'm 6'1'' with 32'' inseam for reference.

I don't ride 80+ either. Since I'm just getting back into riding 60+ is OK with me.

Dale's nut plates have solved the Calsci problem very nicely. If you get a pair of them the taller Calsci or Parabellum shields should work great for you.

+1. If the only thing holding you back from a CalSci or Parabellum is the weak stock mounts, shoot a message to Dale (HONDABIKEPRO) and get a pair of his nut plates. Problem solved.

trey

Back