• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfernoST

Reaction score
Visit site
What in the world are these peeps at Honda thinking, I have never come across an oil filter that damn tight. Sorry guys I had no choice otherwise I was gonna lose it, the good ole standby.
20210705_130942.jpg

Reactions: MZ5
One possibility is that Honda ignores their own service procedure and they install the filter with a dry sealing washer.

When you do get the filter off, make sure the rubber ring didn’t stick to the engine, or you could end up stacking two of them on with the new filter.

Reactions: MZ5
I also had a problem with it being so bloody small. even the smallest filter wrench I could find, (fully adjustable) wouldn't fit. I had to build the filter up with duct tape till the wrench would engage/hold it.

One possibility is that Honda ignores their own service procedure and they install the filter with a dry sealing washer.

When you do get the filter off, make sure the rubber ring didn’t stick to the engine, or you could end up stacking two of them on with the new filter.
The o-ring was on the original filter. They must have Godzilla and King Kong putting the filters in.

I also had a problem with it being so bloody small. even the smallest filter wrench I could find, (fully adjustable) wouldn't fit. I had to build the filter up with duct tape till the wrench would engage/hold it.
I don't bother with the filter ratchet attachment anymore I've always had better luck with strap wrenches

I use a (??) big water offset slip wrench. Unsure of name.
I ruined the bar ends on my versys taking them out. Factory
used a heavy dose of RED lock tite.

Yes, the Honda cap wrench does a wonderful job removing stuck OEM filters. The OEM auto filters are the same size so my cap wrench does double duty and works much better than any strap wrench!

When my sons were still learning on how to change oil, they would often drive away from my garage with the cap wrench still installed on the new filter. I'd call them weeks later and ask that they look at the car to see if the filter was still there and it always was! :)

After the last time I had to jab a screwdriver through an oil filter to remove it (several years ago), I bought a pair of oil filter pliers and have not had the first problem since.

+ 1 on the oil filter pliers. Fits em all, apply as much or as little effort as you need. Have had one for years and use it on all my spin-ons.

+1 more on the oil filter pliers. Fits many sizes of filters. However sometimes, on some vehicles or equipment, there is insufficient space around an oil filter to get the pliers in place or to get enough grip on the handles. If I remember right it did work on the NC oil filter.

if you have the proper tools you wouldn't have this problem. cheap enough to buy.
I have 2 set and believe me these are god send.
I also have the cap-style wrench. The filter on the NC700 is the same size as the filter on the Civic (and, I'm assuming, most Honda cars) so I can't imagine having trouble finding one to fit.

Another option from the folks at Harbor FreightView attachment 45640View attachment 45640
I have the same one I purchased from Walmart....You guys think the NC700/750 is on tight....I had to purchase the above to get the one off of my Prius C (less room to work)...The wrench I used to get the original oil filter off the NC wouldnt budge the one on the Prius....the one above,,,,no issue once I put a small pry bar on the end of the wrench...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back