• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda + REVER Navigation questions

melensdad

Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed that on the Honda Powersports website it now says that Honda has teamed up with REVER navigation.

Currently I use Furkot with Scenic.

REVER seems to be similar to Scenic in many ways, but I've only just begun to really play with REVER. And Scenic just made a major re-write of their software/app so I've really only just begun to explore all the new features in there.

Anyone use REVER? Any advantages over Scenic?

Both import GPX files into your phone for navigation. I'm assuming REVER gives turn by turn instructions but have not yet tried that.

Hey Bobbert, I tried Rever here a while back at the recommendation of "Rippin". He likes it and uses it all the time(others may as well). Rever does have a lot of distance/destination rides that folks can join in on and compete. It sounded fun and i'm sure with someone holding my hand and teaching me how to use/navigate with it Rever would have worked for me as well. I just didn't/couldn't use it easily and quickly disliked/dumped it.

I have never used Furkot or scenic??

I have always just plugged in my Montana 600, set up a destination for the day and just rode. I have used RVparky a lot(Super Simple) for setting up many of my rides, all my stops for gas/eats/camping or lodging. I like using it a lot, it is super simple for us older non-techy riders to use and change on the fly! :{P

Last edited:
Rever does have a lot of distance/destination rides that folks can join in on and compete. It sounded fun ... I just didn't/couldn't use it easily and quickly disliked/dumped it...

Well despite the fact that Honda seems to like it I see no reason to switch. I'm always open minded about these things. REVER seems to do much of what SCENIC does, probably more in some ways, probably less in other ways. Both have communities that I don't care to join, nor do I care to compete with others in either system but both offer those things. But no significant advantage that I can see. Just different. With the exception that I already paid for the maps for SCENIC to use it off line in remote areas it seems like either system probably works fine. I've already got the GPX import set up on my computer to easily move routes to SCENIC from FURKOT. FURKOT will export GPX routes for either of the 2 systems, but I'd have to buy the premium package from REVER to bring in the GPX files. Don't see any reason pay for something from a new company that is already provided by another company.

So I'm good without REVER and plan to stick with SCENIC. But I'm willing to keep my mind open to other options.

Back