• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda recall

I don't get any response from the page when inputting my VIN, using the drop downs it does show a starter recall ( but must be verified by VIN ).
Which gets me nowhere as I've tried two different browsers and the entry button acts as if it's just an image, not linked to an action. :confused:

So I checked 700x on Hondas site for recalls, 2012 has the chain recall, 2013 has nothing, 2014 has the starter recall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get any response from the page when inputting my VIN, using the drop downs it does show a starter recall ( but must be verified by VIN ).
Which gets me nowhere as I've tried two different browsers and the entry button acts as if it's just an image, not linked to an action. :confused:

Which means your bike isn't in the recall as of yet. Honda has many suppliers of their parts, and have discovered a substandard part from one of their vendors. Those bikes with those parts are being recalled. If your vin number doesn't come up with any recalls, your bike isn't recalled yet (and may never be).

I had the dealer look up my vin#. My nc700xd is included. They told me they had no answers yet but if I had them check the part and in was defective they wouldn't release my bike until it was fixed.

Which means your bike isn't in the recall as of yet. Honda has many suppliers of their parts, and have discovered a substandard part from one of their vendors. Those bikes with those parts are being recalled. If your vin number doesn't come up with any recalls, your bike isn't recalled yet (and may never be).

Thanks, it would be nice if there were a "no recalls apply" or something, it just seems like an unresponsive page as is.

I just checked my 2015 NC700XD and it's included as well. Says remedy not yet available, but my instinct is that they will replace the starter solenoid.

First post from a newb. here. I have owned my lightly used 2014 NC700X for about six weeks and like it a lot! A cream puff with only 1500 miles. I was riding a little this last weekend, all was well with the bike and the world, at least until I stopped for a take out burrito from one of my favorite shops. When I came back out and turned the key in the ignition, NOTHING HAPPENED. Nothing at all. Display did not even light up. I was blown away and no idea what to do. After calming down, I started removing and inspecting each fuse in the fuse block. No bad fuses were noted. Stood around dumbstruck for a while and when next I turned the key I was back in business. Like nothing had happened at all. I did not like this but climbed on and drove home (a few miles away) without incident. After enjoying my fine burrito I started searching online for some clues. The Honda Powersports Support website was helpful.... when I entered my VIN (message was I was that bike was part of recall but no remedy was currently available). Found this thread and then located the solenoid and main 30 amp fuse. Easy to find at the right side of the battery behind the access door. Solenoid is rubber mounted and pulls off mounts straight out towards rear of bike. Had to twist it a bit to get it out into the frunk, past the battery. Would be a breeze with the battery removed. The rubber cover over the solenoid pulls off and reveals the main 30 amp fuse. I was shocked, shocked I say, to see the fuse partially melted and an adjacent wiring connector also heat damaged. I have taken the bike to the dealer and am waiting for a status report. Trying to be patient. Service advisor was aware of recall but it sounds like there is a replacement parts shortage and maybe replacement is on as needed/problem discovered basis. I take this as a pretty serious defect and hope the wiring harness was not damaged. I will update when I know more. In the mean time you might want to have a look at your fuse.
Thanks to all on this forum from whose knowledge and experience I have benefited from.

"Incorrectly treated with sealant' could mean a number of things, but resulting in a high resistance near the main fuse (where this sealant is) and overheating of the entire circuit the main fuse is in.
"No remedy available at this time" indicates everything in that circuit could be damaged, including the wiring. Not good.

I had an Accord once where the entire starter circuit wiring burned to a crisp by an overheated connector, near the battery. I never did understand why a fuse did not blow first to protect the wiring, but it didn't.

The shortage of parts is due to many other models shearing the same solenoid. Over here the dealers are not allowed to sell floor stock until this is rectified.

Back