• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Powersports 2019 Model News Releases

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
hondanews.com

Several Honda news releases went out today, November 6, 2018, one suggesting that the NC750X will live on in the U.S. market as a 2019 model, available in Ultra Blue Metallic. I personally will very much welcome that shift away from the greys and reds, although I really wish they had retained the silver wheels to go with the blue body.

Other news worth noting is that the CB500X is updated with a 19 inch front wheel, and the CRF 250 Rally goes back to the pretty red/black scheme and away from 2018’s all grey color.

More photos and news should come available as today rolls on.

Attachments

• 247D251E-609C-463B-BAF4-7AAEA0222E05.jpg
    247D251E-609C-463B-BAF4-7AAEA0222E05.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 889
Last edited:
links not working well on this post?

Yes, I don't know why the links don't work well. I removed them after trying all different approaches. Just type in hondanews.com and go to the Nov. 6, 2018 article about the CB500X.

Last edited:
New pages just went live on powersports.honda.com, but the server must be overloaded with requests at the moment. The blue NC750X is showing but the details page is bogged down.

Anyway, the specs are posted for the 2019 NC750X, and other than the color and possibly OEM tire choice, they look unchanged from 2018.

powersports.honda.com/2019/nc750x.aspx

Last edited:
Pretty blue; however, with other bike manufacturers making 650-700cc adventure style bikes with 15-20 more hp and torque, in the same price range, Honda's future mid-deplacement bikes may be time limited. With the Versys 650 having 15 more hp, the Yamaha Tracer 700 (I know not in North America yet, but neither was the 750 in US for years after introduction) having 20 more hp, Royal Enfield coming out with the 650 twin standard bikes next year (I know only 47 HP but close to a $6000 bike-they are shooting for less in the US) and the wee strom having 70 hp, Honda is going to need to do some engine upgrading to match the hp output of the other manufacturers (or bring the price down significantly as the RE). I really enjoy riding my NC700, but if I have to do a replacement in the future, it will probably be at the bottom of the list compared to these other bikes.

I forgot one the Tenere 700 coming to Europe and New Zealand next year and the US in 2020, <700 cc and 70hp and really configured as an adventure bike.

Last edited:
Pretty blue; however, with other bike manufacturers making 650-700cc adventure style bikes with 15-20 more hp and torque, in the same price range, Honda's future mid-deplacement bikes may be time limited. With the Versys 650 having 15 more hp, the Yamaha Tracer 700 (I know not in North America yet, but neither was the 750 in US for years after introduction) having 20 more hp, Royal Enfield coming out with the 650 twin standard bikes next year (I know only 47 HP but close to a $6000 bike-they are shooting for less in the US) and the wee strom having 70 hp, Honda is going to need to do some engine upgrading to match the hp output of the other manufacturers (or bring the price down significantly as the RE). I really enjoy riding my NC700, but if I have to do a replacement in the future, it will probably be at the bottom of the list compared to these other bikes.

I forgot one the Tenere 700 coming to Europe and New Zealand next year and the US in 2020, <700 cc and 70hp and really configured as an adventure bike.

Horsepower output was never the goal with the NC series. It wasn't in the beginning, and I don't see why it needs to change for the future. Remember, NC stood for New Concept, which meant going a different direction and making the bike more efficient and real world useful. I sure hope Honda doesn't abandon that concept and start chasing horsepower to please journalists and compete with the models you mentioned. If they do, the New Concept dies.

When I bought my NC, a high horsepower rating for the bike was not on my punchlist. Low RPM torque and efficiency were the reasons I bought it. I still find the NC more than adequate in horsepower output.

Horsepower output was never the goal with the NC series. It wasn't in the beginning, and I don't see why it needs to change for the future. Remember, NC stood for New Concept, which meant going a different direction and making the bike more efficient and real world useful. I sure hope Honda doesn't abandon that concept and start chasing horsepower to please journalists and compete with the models you mentioned. If they do, the New Concept dies.

When I bought my NC, a high horsepower rating for the bike was not on my punchlist. Low RPM torque and efficiency were the reasons I bought it. I still find the NC more than adequate in horsepower output.
This ^^^

Comparisons of the NC700X to other 650 class bikes' horsepower were the norm in 2012-2014, I'm surprised to see a post like that for 2019 models.

The USA Honda Powersports site was whack last night. I tried repeatedly to get into the site and could not, now I know why.

Probably should be comparing to the other manufacturers within the intended purpose (commuter). So which have machines that consistently return 70+ MPG and still make around 50 Ft-lb usable torque?

Agree with Krampus. And not to beat an almost dead horse here, but in terms of the future of the NC series, realize that motorcycle industry problem Number One is attracting new buyers to a shrinking customer base. I think Honda has attempted to tackle this problem with their motorcycle model designs, more so than other manufacturers. The NC really introduced the DCT to the mainstream, and it is aimed at making motorcycles more user friendly for new riders. Perhaps the rest of the world appreciates this more, where as in the USA buyers more are stuck on high power bikes and heavy iron cruisers.

Probably should be comparing to the other manufacturers within the intended purpose (commuter). So which have machines that consistently return 70+ MPG and still make around 50 Ft-lb usable torque?

Except we are the small minority and there is not enough of us to keep the model going.. I hope I am wrong but don't see it. Some of those other bikes do get it the same mpg range (not quite as high but close enough). When potential buyers compare the NC700 to these other bikes; they are going to look at the hp, the bigger gas tanks (dont matter to them if the mpg isnt the same), the ergonomics, all the complaints of the NC700 seats, comparable prices, and some of those other bikes come with standard side bags, guards, etc....some of those other bikes are commute bikes also, same or less weight, just as maneuverable. Just saying, wont get rid of my NC700 but just saying.....

Agree with Krampus. And not to beat an almost dead horse here, but in terms of the future of the NC series, realize that motorcycle industry problem Number One is attracting new buyers to a shrinking customer base. I think Honda has attempted to tackle this problem with their motorcycle model designs, more so than other manufacturers. The NC really introduced the DCT to the mainstream, and it is aimed at making motorcycles more user friendly for new riders. Perhaps the rest of the world appreciates this more, where as in the USA buyers more are stuck on high power bikes and heavy iron cruisers.

I had been disappointed with the offerings from America and Japan for years. Cruiser bikes without tachometers, 'crotch rockets' that sound like the worlds largest bees and fuel efficient bikes that wind out at 70 mph. I could NOT understand why no one even considered making a bike that got great mileage on the freeway. I mean, what was so hard about that? Talking to other bike riders it was clear that all they cared about was top speed or how many houses away can you wake the neighbors? I just wanted a bike with a tach that got better mileage than a Prius, shouldn't be hard, even with my fat *** on it, it would still weigh considerably less. When I was looking for a new commuter vehicle I was surprised to find the NC. It is what I have been looking for for quite a while. Is it perfect? no, but it is pretty close to the bike I would have made if I was designing it.

I had been disappointed with the offerings from America and Japan for years. Cruiser bikes without tachometers, 'crotch rockets' that sound like the worlds largest bees and fuel efficient bikes that wind out at 70 mph. I could NOT understand why no one even considered making a bike that got great mileage on the freeway. I mean, what was so hard about that? Talking to other bike riders it was clear that all they cared about was top speed or how many houses away can you wake the neighbors? I just wanted a bike with a tach that got better mileage than a Prius, shouldn't be hard, even with my fat *** on it, it would still weigh considerably less. When I was looking for a new commuter vehicle I was surprised to find the NC. It is what I have been looking for for quite a while. Is it perfect? no, but it is pretty close to the bike I would have made if I was designing it.
My thoughts too.

My biggest gripe is the size of the fuel tank. It should be larger, by at least 1 gallon.

A more 'adventure' oriented suspension would be nice too, but I can live with what they have or buy some aftermarket.

Not a commuter bike for me. I actually like the concept of a tame adventure style bike that can be easily adapted to travel, is nice and maneuverable for riding locally but has easy road manners and is comfortable on highways.

Let kids have loud bikes and let the accountants and dentists in their mid-life crisis periods buy H-Ds. I'll take a practical bike with good manners and a quiet muffler.

I suspect it may be offered for sale in the USA for as long as it is popular in Europe and other parts of the world. As long as production numbers are high enough globally there will be some version of the NC700x/750x offered.

As I say, NC is the motorcycle of real people and the motorcycle of the economical crisis...

At Greece with gasoline prices from $1.76 / L or $7.621 / U.S. gal the NC and all of the other taxes, mid to low end bikes are here to stay. The majority can’t afford expensive (and unreliable) and they sell well.

In E.U. we also have a very different geography, terrain. Having more turns than straights more HP is really useless. We need more skills than HP...

IMHO, NC doesn’t fit well the U.S. but it’s perfect for other markets.

Also see the last Honda annual report. The U.S. & European motorcycle market seems insignificant, obsolete...
https://global.honda/content/dam/si.../annual_report/FY201703_annual_report_s_e.pdf

I guess from a financial point their focus is mostly on Asia.

Good to see the 19" wheel on the 500. Pity they wouldn't do the same for the NCX.

What do you feel you gain in advantage going from a 17 to 19 inch wheel?

The general gain is that the 19 inch will roll over bumps and rough roads better than the 17 (your AT sports a 21 inch front for that reason). More dual sport/adventure tires sizes may also be available.

A common mod for the CB500X is a Rally Raid kit that make the bike more adventure ready. That kit included a 19 inch front. Maybe Honda is just trying to lean the bike more toward the adventure side.

The fuel tank size has hashed and rehashed ..........but the unwritten standard is 200 miles before “reserve”. The NC can do that. Think range not tank size.

Big ADV bike, touring and sport touring bikes can often do 300 miles while many sport bikes or duel sport often don’t make 150 miles. VFR1200x will do 200 miles using 4.5 gallons of a 5.7 tank.

Last edited:
Back