• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Powersports 2019 Model News Releases

The extra weight of DCT is not that noticeable on an AT but I feel after riding the CB that it would add too much to the overall weight of a 500 and most definitely would to a real lightweight like a 450. I think also that both the NC and AT were developed first as DCT bikes with the option for Manual boxes but the CB and CRF are not and would take a lot of development to make the change. Just some thoughts.

The extra weight of DCT is not that noticeable on an AT but I feel after riding the CB that it would add too much to the overall weight of a 500 and most definitely would to a real lightweight like a 450. I think also that both the NC and AT were developed first as DCT bikes with the option for Manual boxes but the CB and CRF are not and would take a lot of development to make the change. Just some thoughts.

Right. The CRF450L has significant weight reduction components, such as the titanium fuel tank. Adding the extra weight of DCT would contradict that goal of keeping the weight down. Adding DCT probably put the cost of the 450L right about the same as an Africa Twin, since it's already close anyway.

I was wondering today, as I was riding my 250, how Honda might approach the addition of an automatic transmission to it's smaller motorcycle models. It seems to me that DCT could put the weight, complexity, and cost above what the market would bear for small displacement machines. Perhaps they would do better with some type of zero-maintenance CVT design - something without a rubber belt that only lasts 10,000 miles.

Last edited:
Back