• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Plus warranty with roadside assistance - 5 years

cdnuser

Reaction score
Visit site
When I bought my bike I invested another 800 bucks to extend the warranty to 5 years with roadside assistance. I don't normally pay the extra money in cars ( I have a Hyundai that already has 5 year warranty) However it was the roadside assistance that sold me on it.

Has anyone else opted for the extra coverage? Or had to use it?

In the States, roadside assistance is usually inexpensive to add to an insurance policy or a membership in the American Motorcycle Association. I didn't know the extended warranty existed because I wasn't offered it. I would probably have skipped it anyway.

When I bought my NC I opted for the coverage also. 5 year, tire to tire, unlimited miles, I think it was around $800-900. I probaably should have not done it... but we will see. if it ever gets used, it will probably be worth it...... My motorcyle Insurance, with McGraw ins., has 24 hour road-side assistance, and towing up to $400 charge included. I have used that before, with a different bike, and it's sooooooo worth it..lol

When I bought my bike I invested another 800 bucks to extend the warranty to 5 years with roadside assistance. I don't normally pay the extra money in cars ( I have a Hyundai that already has 5 year warranty) However it was the roadside assistance that sold me on it.

Has anyone else opted for the extra coverage? Or had to use it?

I bought mine in January and I'm still thinking about it. They told me I could buy it anytime before the 1 year warranty runs out. I've got roadside assistance with Progressive so I was going to skip that. I don't normally ever buy extended warranties, but was wondering if it might not be a bad idea in this case with all the "new concept" stuff on this bike like the engine, DCT, and ABS....

I opted for the extended 5 year warranty. Not sure if road-side-assistance was included but I already get it through my insurance. I haven't owned many vehicles but the ones I have owned, I've always opted for the extended warranty. It has paid for itself multiple times on former vehicles. Better safe than sorry! ;) sorry for the cliche.

AS far as the motor is concerned, the NC700X doesn't seem all that wrenchable to me so I bought the warranty.

Alas, I live in a state that does not allow the free market to sell extended warranties and the sole offering from the dealer is close to $2000 for 5 years. There is no competing product to chose from. I could not justify that cost given Honda reliability and my mechanical abilities. However, I do maintain roadside assistance through BMWMOA. It's only $26 a year for three motorcycles of any make and the provisions are better than what I used to get through Honda, ie., towing anywhere within 100 miles and the providers have to use motorcycle-friendly equipment. Honda's plan required me to provide the VIN number of the 1 covered motorcycle. Recently I used my coverage for the first time. The tow truck came 47 miles to get me and took me 72 miles to my house. The operator told me that the cost to a non-covered member would have been $550. My out of pocket was $0.

Alas, I live in a state that does not allow the free market to sell extended warranties and the sole offering from the dealer is close to $2000 for 5 years.

That sucks. Just checked my notes and the 4 additional years of the "Genuine Honda Protection Plan" offered to me by my dealer is $760 w/roadside and $660 w/o here in Texas. I'm still on the fence. I assume if I total the bike or it gets stolen, I'm SOL on whatever time is left. I thought they said it was transferable if I sold it, but I'm not sure now that it's been so long ago....

I think it's worth reiterating what was already mentioned in the thread. As an American Motorcyclist Association member, for your $49 annual dues, you will get free roadside assistance on ALL your vehicles. That means motorhomes, boat trailers, cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc. You pay no towing fee at the time of service; it's not a reimbursement program. I think it's a great deal. One tow of a motorhome can cost something like $350. I used the service twice last year and the service was fine.

Greg

I don't go for the extended warranties, but I can see where they could be beneficial. In my case the cost is high (same state as dduelin), I go with either an owners/riders group or my insurance company for roadside assistance, and I have a terminally short attention span. Manufacturers seem to come out with the "next best thing" in motorcycles on a regular basis and I'm a big time sucker for the next best thing. I think the NC is the 19th bike I've had in the last 20 years, and I just don't seem to hang on to one long enough to make an extended warranty worthwhile.

Bob

I bought it here in SC. I plan on keeping this bike for at least 5 years and since its a new design and first year I thought it would be a good idea. I also am on track to put between 12 and 15 thousand miles a year on my bike so in five years 60-75k miles. That warranty makes since in my situation.

I bought it here in SC. I plan on keeping this bike for at least 5 years and since its a new design and first year I thought it would be a good idea. I also am on track to put between 12 and 15 thousand miles a year on my bike so in five years 60-75k miles. That warranty makes since in my situation.

My bike was a demo with 12000kms on it already and I also plan on keeping it at least 5 years. However the warranty is transferable (at least here in Ontario).
The one thing that stuck in my head was from my wife... "If the bike breaks down..its a toy and is last on the list if we have other expenses" SOLD give me that paper kind sir!

I bought an AMA membership a couple years ago for exactly the reason 670cc mentions (well, that and the magazine I thought might be interesting sometimes). :) At that time I had an 'older' and 'higher-mileage' sport bike, so thought it more likely I might need some fuel or a tow or something. Haven't needed the coverage yet, but since it covers my trucklet on the occasions I drive it, and since it's SOOO much less than AAA here, I'm keeping it.

Now, for the Honda extended warranty, I expect I'll buy it before my warranty runs out. I don't really expect trouble, but this is a first-year model. If I didn't have or want the AMA membership, it sounds like maybe Honda's roadside assistance provision is similarly priced. Depends upon your dealer, I suppose.

Right? This is my first not junk bike let alone brand new. I don't want to have to worry about it for a long time. That piece of mind makes riding more fun.

Anyone have an inside line on dealer cost for the extended warranty? On the concours 14 there was a dealer who would sell the three year warranty for around $330 ($10-20 over cost). That warranty paid for itself at least 5 times over.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

My dealer asked me if I wanted the extended warranty. I said, "No thanks, I'm buying a Honda."

Now roadside service is another story. I get it with my Geico policy and I've used it a few times before I bought the NCX. In my car, a blown tire is a quick job on the side of the road and I'm on my way. On a bike? For someone with my mechanical skills, almost any problem might need a tow.

I believe the (AAA) Automobile Association of America also covers motorcycles. We have used it on a few vehicle issues and it is a good deal as it is linked to the member not the vehicle and with the plus plan it is 100 miles not the closest station.

It took me only a few seconds to decide rather or not to buy the 5 year warranty. I thought if something goes wrong after a year that would have fallen under the warranty and I don't get it i am going to be very upset at myself. If i go five years paying an extra $16 a month (for the warranty) and nothing goes wrong I will be happy, so I bought it.

Back