• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda original Mainstand

We can think all we want, but it is just fact it is not.
Not everyone wants a mainstand.
Some even said it is dangerous and will scrap while cornering (bs if you ask me).
It is not std, because of cost reasons, simple.

Fortunately one of us could negotiate it for free...
;)

Last edited:
We can think all we want, but it is just fact it is not.
Not everyone wants a mainstand.
Some even said it is dangerous and will scrap while cornering (bs if you ask me).
It is not std, because of cost reasons, simple.

Fortunately one of us could negotiate it for free...
;)

If someone were to complain about it possibly scrapping when cornering then they should be riding another bike. This bike, from my understanding, is for the daily commuter who wants to enjoy a nice long ride on the weeks or possibly some light twistys.

I am glad that it doesn't come with it standard, even though I will be getting it when I buy the bike, because it keeps the base cost low, making it WAY more affordable than its competitors.

If someone were to complain about it possibly scrapping when cornering then they should be riding another bike. This bike, from my understanding, is for the daily commuter who wants to enjoy a nice long ride on the weeks or possibly some light twistys.

I am glad that it doesn't come with it standard, even though I will be getting it when I buy the bike, because it keeps the base cost low, making it WAY more affordable than its competitors.

You have hit the nail on the head....
:cool:

It is only a bit of iron work - its price as an 'extra' is ridiculous! I can't think of a bike in the last 50+ years I've owned that didn't have one fitted as standard. The idea that the design is so bad that it would have you off when riding 'enthusiastically' is again surely ridiculous! However I do accept that in Denmark it would be sensible to sell a bike without wheels or engine and fit them as 'extras' due to their punitive, and eccentric, tax on motor vehicles!

The mainstand list price of 300+chf is scandalous! As were the other "accessories" but hey, Honda is not a charity. They reduce the parts, and therefore reduce the overall sales price of the machine. If they had added the mainstand, say heated-grips, other accessories (debatable if needed or wanted) the bike would have cost 10-20% more, and then consumers will again complain how expensive Honda machines are. I think it is the lesser of 2 evils, when they reduce the standard parts and enable consumers to add them as they want. Nevertheless, I emphatise with your view, oldtimer (affectionately called). :D

It is only a bit of iron work - its price as an 'extra' is ridiculous! I can't think of a bike in the last 50+ years I've owned that didn't have one fitted as standard. The idea that the design is so bad that it would have you off when riding 'enthusiastically' is again surely ridiculous! However I do accept that in Denmark it would be sensible to sell a bike without wheels or engine and fit them as 'extras' due to their punitive, and eccentric, tax on motor vehicles!
+

I have to admit that the majority of bikes that I have bought in recent years have not had centre stands as standard. I agree with you that this is silly. Having said that I suppose that it's no sillier than it was when I started riding and things such as rev counters and pillion footrests were listed as optional extras on British bikes

+

I have to admit that the majority of bikes that I have bought in recent years have not had centre stands as standard. I agree with you that this is silly. Having said that I suppose that it's no sillier than it was when I started riding and things such as rev counters and pillion footrests were listed as optional extras on British bikes

Come to think of it the stop lamp was an extra on my 1964 Velocette Vogue - but it came with a centre stand...

And of course we didn't have wing mirrors, but the thought of buying a bike without a kick start was as daft as buying a car without a starting handle.....

I also think it should be standard. With that said, They keep the initial cost lower not to mention weight. A lot of people gripe that bike X weighs more than bike Y, not noticing ones fully loaded and the other is not.

Happy is it me or do you negotiate everything for your bike free or near free?

First I thought to myself, I can only "try".
Then I asked for some discounts from the bike price, he said no.
Then I asked for the top box for free. He said ok, but he did not know the price of the topcase nor the rack. (it is about 500chf list price for both pieces).
Then I commented I surely want a touring shield. He looked at the list price (300+) and he also said ok.

I did not have to negotiate. I only asked ONCE, and he said yes (to my surprise).
Later I added the mainstand, but I told him straightaway I was going to pay 100chf for it (list price was 350chf). He said ok also.
:D

not had a mainstand for 4 years now as the dino dont have on ... never been a problem not even during servicing .... so wont be putting one on the nc

The main "Servicing" I do with mainstand (for now), is oiling the chain.
I suspect you don't oil the chain?
:p

Other than that, changing oil does not really need a mainstand.
Setting the bike on mainstand is also a safety "habit" for me. Call me old fashion, but I cringe everytime I see someone sitting on the bike on her side-stand. A break and a fall waiting to happen, I'd say.

Back