• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda OEM oil Filter part number

I'm like you!! I generally use nothing but Honda OEM with regards to Engine Oil & Filters!!

The closest thing to the list you refer too may be found by any dealer using the online Honda parts system!! They have the ability to plug in the part number & then retrieve a list of other models that part number is used on!!

Alfred
Dahlonega, GA.

I will be putting on my 10th oil filter this week. Have used Honda every time. Reason is I was told at a Honda convention by a Honda engineer that oil filters have different percentage ability as to filtering the engine's oil. I am not smart enough to know which other filters meet the percentage required by Honda engineers for the NC7.

But I am cheap! I would bet that there are many filters that do meet the engine percentage of filtering requirements. So, where is this oil filters percentage of filtering ability page?

I will be glad to referee this one...........( not my job)

There are 100's for engines that take the 14510-MJF-D01
There are dozens of older filters (15410) that are now superseded to 14510-MJF-D01

Below is the right answer. There are dozens of oil filters that begin with 15410. And end with different letters and numbers. As post # 15 clearly points out they are not all the same and may or may not work or fit.

Actually, , , the first five numbers identify the part, , , 15410 generally is a "Spin on/off" filter!! The next three numbers identify the Product & the last three (or more) numbers/letters identify updates, , colors, , etc!!

The filters used on the NC is indeed used on other products but it wouldn't be prudent to take the position that, , "Just because it fits, , it's OK"!!

The correct Honda Part number for filter, , Filter/Wrench, , &, , Drain Bolt Washer is:

Filter --- 15410-MFJ-D01
Filter & Wrench --- 15010-MCE-H51
Drain Bolt Washer --- 94109-12000

Alfred
Dahlonega, GA.

Last edited:
I will be putting on my 10th oil filter this week. Have used Honda every time. Reason is I was told at a Honda convention by a Honda engineer that oil filters have different percentage ability as to filtering the engine's oil. I am not smart enough to know which other filters meet the percentage required by Honda engineers for the NC7.

But I am cheap! I would bet that there are many filters that do meet the engine percentage of filtering requirements. So, where is this oil filters percentage of filtering ability page?
OCR I've never seen a page like that but searching for a while online in Honda forums and of course Bob's The Oil Guy will give you that media filtering efficiency number and the bypass valve psi of the motorcycle and auto filters. I did it in the past and am comfortable using Honda 15400-PLM-A01s or AO2s on my Honda motorcycles that otherwise call for 15410-MFG-D01s. I don't use aftermarket non-Honda ones and didn't research them so I can't help you there. Honda car filters are about $5 at H & A Shop Genuine Honda Accessories at wholesale prices. Accessories made by Honda for your Honda

I've used about 31 filters on my ST1300. It burns no oil and still tops out at 143 mph just like the day I bought it with 1875 miles on it.

Back