• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda NC700X / XD (DCT) Top Speed and speedo accuracy ?

Vescol

Reaction score
Visit site
New to the forum :)

I have searched regarding this, but did not find the answer.
I would like to know the top speed of X and XD (DCT) as well as actual speed.

One thing i really hate is when speedo is way off. Like fx. on my Bandit 1250 and CBR 250 RA.
Therefore i have installed Speedohealer on the Bandit. Now the speedo is pretty much spot on from 50-110 kmh

I have ridden both and am really interested in the DCT version :)

/Vescol

Hello Vescol, A video (i posted it here) showed around 189kmh with the manual NCX. If this is corrected at say -10%, it will be around 170kmh top speed? I am unsure why you asked for topspeed for this machine. It is a small engine with big torque, so topspeed is a little irrelevant. It does handle well in the twisties, very well actually.Happy.

Hi happy.

Thanks. I have now found the video and also specs from German Honda site.

http://www.honda.de/tmppdf/HONDA_NC700X_Daten_de.pdf

Topspeed (Höchstgeschwindigkeit) for the 52 BHP version is 168 KMH and 160 KMH for the 48 BHP version. I asume that it its 168 for DCT also.
I agree topspeed is somewhat irrelevant, but i want to make sure that the bike is capable of doing 130-150 (indicated) for hours on the motorway including full luggage.
As you mentioned it looks like the speed is +10% optimistic, thank god for speedhealer :)

/Vescol

Hi Happy.

I posted a quick reply last night and a message that my reply would not be posted until approved.
After +24 hours the reply is still not online.
Please could a admin / moderator approve this ?

Thanks

Hello Vescol, I am not the admin nor a moderator. With my experience of running/setting up a forum, a new user needs to clock a certain number of posts before some restrictions are lifted. In this case, I do not know what kind of thresholds the Admin has configured. Sorry I cannot help you, you have to wait or send a PM to the Admin.

Hi Happy.

Seems like my initial reply is lost, so here it is.

On the German Honda site (honda.de) i have found the top speed.
http://www.honda.de/tmppdf/HONDA_NC700X_Daten_de.pdf

Top speed (Höchstgeschwindigkeit) is 168 kmh for the 52 BHP version which we get in denmark
and with indicated ~190 kmh, it seems that speedo is 12-13% too optimistic @ top speed (i now every speedo does this according to laws)
The reason for my question is that if i'm buying the DCT version, it will be used for long holiday trips with full luggage set.
Such a trip is 3-4.000 km in one week and i want to make sure that the bike is capable of maintaining 130-160 kmh (indicated)
for hours without WOT

Seems like there is DCT owners is this forum. Has anyone tested topspeed ?

/Vescol

I got my NC700X only a few days ago but I already did a speedometer and odometer check against a GPS. I found my speedo to be within 1 mph at all speeds between 20 and 70 mph. In my experience this is unusual for a Honda and Japanese motorcycles in general. The odometer is about 2% optimistic ..... 98 actual road miles clocked 100 miles on the odometer.

Hi dduelin.

Thanks, seems the speedo is pretty accurate @normal speeds.
Regarding my question about topspeed, i have got a reply from the danish Honda dealership.

Topspeed for NC700X is 168 kmh and 165 kmh for the DCT version.

Back