• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda heated grips - difference in attachment kits?

jontallon

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm installing the Honda OEM heated grips, but I hit a snag - the attachment kit harness doesn't fit into the sub harness that I have. The sub-harness has three connectors - one square, and two rectangle.

The attachment kit has a rectangle 2-pin connector, but it is different than what the sub harness has.

It's a 2014 NC700X, and the parts are 08A70-MJL-D30 (sub harness) and 08T70-MJL-D30 (attachment kit).

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Maybe there is an adapter in between the connectors that I am missing or something like that? You can see in the picture, if it attached properly, that the locking mechanism between the two sides of the connector don't match.

Help?

Attachments

• IMG_0360.jpg
    IMG_0360.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,178
Just as a quick follow-up - I have some extra connectors ordered to hook up other items (based on another discussion here). Those connectors fit the sub harness. So it seems like the heated grip attachment kit connector is wrong?

Interesting. The accessory harness for my 2012 has (3) three position connectors that are rectangular, and (1) 4 position connector that is square.

The connector on the right in your photo looks like the oddball.

Back