Honda heated grips - difference in attachment kits?

jontallon

Reaction score
I'm installing the Honda OEM heated grips, but I hit a snag - the attachment kit harness doesn't fit into the sub harness that I have. The sub-harness has three connectors - one square, and two rectangle.

The attachment kit has a rectangle 2-pin connector, but it is different than what the sub harness has.

It's a 2014 NC700X, and the parts are 08A70-MJL-D30 (sub harness) and 08T70-MJL-D30 (attachment kit).

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Maybe there is an adapter in between the connectors that I am missing or something like that? You can see in the picture, if it attached properly, that the locking mechanism between the two sides of the connector don't match.

Help?

Attachments

jontallon

Reaction score
Just as a quick follow-up - I have some extra connectors ordered to hook up other items (based on another discussion here). Those connectors fit the sub harness. So it seems like the heated grip attachment kit connector is wrong?

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. The accessory harness for my 2012 has (3) three position connectors that are rectangular, and (1) 4 position connector that is square.

The connector on the right in your photo looks like the oddball.