• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Grips - fitted by dealer but looks wrong....

Afroboy70

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just collected my 2013 DCT X yesterday and am well chuffed. I had a number of add-ons fitted by the dealer including the official Honda heated grips. I'm wondering however if they have done this right as the cable running from the right hand (throttle) grip rests in front of the ignition button. see photo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqftgt61fm6ff6e/Photo 13-04-2013 09 40 03.jpgPhoto 13-04-2013 09 40 03.jpg

It seems like the grip is too far rotated. For those who have the Honda grips fitted, is this the same for you (i.e. there is some ridge on the bar which means that this is the only resting position the grip will be in) or has the dealer messed up my instillation? Any help gratefully received.

Dan

Looks ok tbh however try tightening the end caps and it might decrease the gap! The only way you could change this is installing a new one.take it back if your not happy

Yes, that is done wrong. The heating cable should be in front (the other side of the picture) of the gas wires. Also, the bar end weight should be set further inside the handle bar. Go back and make them do it right this time.

The dealer has installed it wrong. Mine are very neat and the wire for the right hand grip is hardly noticeable. The fitting instructions don't specify where the wire should be placed for the right hand heater - but common sense says to put it the far side of the starter button with enough slack to avoid rotation problems of the throttle.

Make them do the job right.

Chris

Yeah, it's wrong. Mine is nothing like that, probably the only thing the dimwits at the dealer did right. Make them fix it.

Back