• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda extended warranty

Appreciated. Sorry to hear about your issues in the past, on whatever items they were.

I also need to send in for an under extended warranty claim on the ice maker in my Samsung fridge. That is something that sounds fairly common. Until now I generally had been mostly lucky on higher cost items lasting many years. <touch wood>

Honda warranty rejected covering a rear brake issue under warranty and I have been trying to get an answer as to why, and how to not have the same issue again, from them for the last couple weeks. Last Friday after a couple days over the 5 days I was supposed to have someone contact I was told it still wasn't assigned to someone to review and I should hear from someone Tuesday. Now Thursday. It is sitting in a dealership almost 300km away. At the time had it for just over 2 months, over 3000km on it. The shoe was curved where it (is supposed to) slide on the guide pin. Did it catch on something and the hydraulics pushed the brake shoe it against the disks slightly sideways until it bent the plate thee pads are mounted on? If they are denying it under warranty please explain why. I don't want it to happen again, and if it is my fault what do I need to adjust? The only thing that I could think of to be my fault is if I was riding the brakes at speed, but I don't believe I was.

3 weeks ago I was told that parts calipers, etc, were back ordered and would not be coming in until November. Riding season will be gone. (Hopefully a warm enough day over winter to get it back home. Otherwise will have to leave at my sisters place.) One reason I bought a Honda was that they are supposed to have few problems, but when they do, they have good support, including parts availability. Do get world wide part shortages, and I guess someone has be the unlucky one. But I shouldn't have to follow up with customer relations multiple times.

And to rub it in a little, just received my backordered Shad side cases last week.

Saying all that, I really like this bike. And heard lots of good things about Honda service. So I can chalk this up as being an odd case, or just bad luck, if I would get a call back.
From your description I don’t understand what the problem is. Ive never heard of a brake shoe bending, if that’s what you are saying.

From your description I don’t understand what the problem is. Ive never heard of a brake shoe bending, if that’s what you are saying.
I gathered that the disk brake pads are the problem. The end tab of the steel backing plate is bent, causing it to misalign with the pin that it slides on, perhaps binding. I have no experience with this happening, and couldn't guess at the cause. There is no adjustment in the disk brake system; it simply needs good parts and proper assembly.

However, if getting the bike back on the road with the least fuss is important, I’d buy new pads (aftermarket if Honda has none), check the pins for straightness, properly assemble the pins and pads, and lube the pins if the instructions so call for it. Forget about the warranty and move on.

Back