• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda 12v Sub harness - plugs and wires for additional accessories?

MalcolmReynolds

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I am reaching the point where a lot of my mods fall into the category of the electrical and I really don't know electrical at all. So I was looking at what the mothership has already provided as an option on the bike and I see we can buy a subharness that is used to connect the heated grips and the 12v accessory plug. But I also noticed it appears that the sub harness has like 4 plugs in it?

So this has me wondering. What kind of plug is that and are there already pre-made in the aftermarket wiring drops so that you can plug in other things directly into the subharness? Such as a drop that can be run up to the bars/dash area to power a GPS? It would be nice if it is available to keep the wiring clean to tap into that harness so that I can keep a cell phone charged and a GPS running on trips. I see from searching that the main fuse for that is only 7.5 amp on a relay so I know it wouldn't be useful to run any heavy loads, but it sounds like it should work for simple things like a gps and cell phone.

I figured if I am going to have to take off the entire side of the bike to set this up I will just try to make it a single trip in there and do as many mods as I need while I am in there like the LED relay for the turn signals. I would like to put a 12v accessory drop in the frunk to charge a phone, and I would like a drop up on the dash or bars for a GPS. I am considering doing the heated grips while I am in there.

So I am looking for input on what sort of plug and harness options are available to tie into that subharness? What kind of plug is it? I like the idea of keeping it clean and simple and setup to turn off with the key. Does anyone make premade cables that can connect into that sub harness?

I will connect an SAE connector directly to the battery for the battery tender and I should be able to use that connection for a compressor or to get/give a jump from. And possibly a drop for heated clothing. At some point I would like to add some LED spots/driving lights to the bike so I don't know if there is some prep work I can do while I am in the bike messing with the wiring sub harnesss to prep for the driving lights. Thoughts? Thanks.

Just want to ask if you know your going to do all of that, why not just go with eastern beaver or fuze block and not deal with subharness? I went with the subharness and have my led lights, heated grips, USB charger and 12v charger. There are connectors you can buy to make it a clean install. I don't have the link on me right now but I'm sure someone will chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the subharness for my farkels. I added a Zumo GPS and a cigarette lighter in the frunck using plugs I soldered on. For heated gear I connected direct to the battery.

Here's the thread for where/what type of plugs you need:
Corresponding connectors

If you are in the U.K. I have some connectors you can have if you agree to drop a couple of quid in a charity tin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back