• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda’s New 2021 CMX1100 Rebel is Africa Twin Powered

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site

The African Rebel​

The Honda Rebel 500 has been a huge success for new and experienced riders seeking a mid-displacement cruiser-style motorcycle, but what happens when you cram Honda’s notorious 1084cc parallel twin (taken from the legendary Africa Twin) into the mix? The CMX1100 Rebel is what happens.

2021-honda-rebel-1100-hero-duo-front-1024x576.jpg

The Rebel 500 had a very low seat position (I would know, I rented one for a 1000km ride and have never been in more pain in my life – keep in mind I’m a giant), and this new 1100 is no different. The new 2021 CMX1100 Rebel’s seat sits at 27.5 inches (700mm) making this bike very easy and comfortable to ride despite the big jump in engine size.

2021-honda-rebel-1100-detail-ignition-1024x576.jpg

Speaking of engine size, the engine is a retuned 1084cc, 270° parallel-twin taken from the CRF1100L controlled by a ride-by-wire configuration allowing for a total of three riding modes. The engine also sees a heavier flywheel and revised valve timing (compared to its off-road counterpart) to increase the low and midrange powerband for a more authentic cruiser experience.

2021-honda-rebel-1100-detail-display-1024x576.jpg

This new Rebel will also be one of the first cruisers to ever be manufactured and sold with a semi-automatic gearbox due to the option of including Honda’s Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT). If the semi-automatic transmission isn’t your thing, it’s also available in a standard 6-speed manual gear configuration as well.

2021-honda-rebel-1100-studio-bordeaux-metallic-red-3-4-front-left-1024x576.jpg

The suspension is similar to the 500, but this version brings full control over preload around the bike through its telescopic front fork and twin rear shocks. The front wheel is equipped with a single 330mm disk that utilizes a four-piston, radial-mount caliper for your stopping pleasure.

2021-honda-rebel-1100-detail-front-wheel-1-1024x576.jpg

This new model will set you back $9,299 USD, and Honda has included a wide variety of factory add-ons such as saddlebags, headlight cover, quilted saddles, and a few more items to make the bike that much more ‘cruiser-styled’.

The post Honda’s New 2021 CMX1100 Rebel is Africa Twin Powered appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Well, it is interesting. I'd like to have this kind of cruiser with foot pegs not too far away; easier on your back as you can brace yourself to "mitigate" bumps on the road. I had a Yamaha Bolt R-Spec that I liked as a second bike for hot summer days with very relax ergos. It had a similar rider's triangle. On the description of the new CMX1100, there is a sentence I cannot understand who says one thing and its opposite;

The Rebel 500 had a very low seat position (I would know, I rented one for a 1000km ride and have never been in more pain in my life – keep in mind I’m a giant), and this new 1100 is no different. The new 2021 CMX1100 Rebel’s seat sits at 27.5 inches (700mm) making this bike very easy and comfortable to ride despite the big jump in engine size.

Am I missing something?

Yes, DTMWAP, this is confusing.
Rebel 500 seat height = 27.2 inches.
CMX1100 seat height = 27.5 inches.

Apparently this author is saying a 0.3 inch difference in seat height is the difference between pain and comfort?

The author also calls Honda’s DCT a semi automatic transmission. Since we all know the Honda DCT is fully automatic, I think this author’s credibility has gone out the window (not uncommon in the motojournalist world).

Last edited:
Back