• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Home made radiator protector/Guard

Willie

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, I was wondering how many have fabricated their own Radiator Guard, and if any are willing to share images or plans. I saw this on youTube and thought it was pretty cool. YouTube

Thanks for reading. Willie.......

Here is how the Aliexpress skidplate bolts on.
a7e608736df20754dd9115cedaa9fa54.jpg

Online Shop For Honda NC750X nc750 X-ADV750 300 1000 Aluminum alloy Motorcycle Accessories Skid Plate Engine Guard Chassis Protection Cover | Aliexpress Mobile

I’m not comfortable using the oil pan bolts to hold it in place. My engine is torqued and sealed from the factory. I don’t want to pull those bolts to mount some sheet metal.

JT

I'm into the idea of a mini skid plate but I agree that it's not too smart to use the case/pan as a mount. In a worst case scenario I'd imagine the force of an impact being directed into the engine case rather than a more sturdy frame mounting point.

Mine Is quite simple.
I cut nylon screen to size and fabricated 2 'straps' out of paper clips and springs from ink pens!
Very light duty but when I sold the 2013 the radiator looks immaculate.

Back