• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hillbilly Hangout IV, April 13-16, 2017

We're less than two weeks from the HH4! In browsing through the thread, I noted the fer-shers and the maybees and came up with this list. If it's fairly accurate, I may give the establishment a holler and let them know how many to expect. If anyone wants added to the list, let me know.

belrix
Bug Dr.
itlives
OldJeff
mwcogburn
DCTFAN
670cc
OldCanRide
misterk

(updated 4/2 7:32 CDT)

Last edited:
This morning the near home event I was suppose to go to was moved back to May. My Argentina trip has been moved back to July, due to my knees slow recovery. So, looks like I will be there.

Last edited:
We're less than two weeks from the HH4! In browsing through the thread, I noted the fer-shers and the maybees and came up with this list. If it's fairly accurate, I may give the establishment a holler and let them know how many to expect. If anyone wants added to the list, let me know.

belrix
ViperDriver
Bug Dr.
itlives
OldJeff
GunNut37086
mwcogburn
DCTFAN
670cc
OldCanRide

(updated 4/1 10:23 CDT)

Unfortunately, I start a new job Tuesday and can't make it. Maybe next year :(

I will probably make it Thursday and come leave on Saturday afternoon. Is there a place to hang a hammock at the hUB?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will probably make it Thursday and come leave on Saturday afternoon. Is there a place to hang a hammock at the hUB?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are trees on the property along the grassy area border, but I can't actually attest to their suitability for hammocks. It may not be good because that area would not be cleared of underbrush. See photo in post #1.

Glad you're coming! I'll add you to the list.

Last edited:
If my TomTom Rider gps takes me into the unknown forest road,
I may be rolling in late, but other than that, nothing will stop me and my
bike from joining the party. :p

Weather report for Jasper. weather.com

jasperweather2017.JPG

AccuWeather.com

jasperweather2017x2.JPG

Looks to be a tad wet, but definitely warmer than last year! See ya there! :)

I am going to make one of these someday.... Last year I did a 1000 mile ride out to Arkansas in April... The old saying "April showers bring May flowers" took on new meaning to me after riding in thunderstorms 2 of the 3 days riding.
This year I'm going in MAY!!! The HECK with the dang showers!!!

I wish you great weather my friends, pack for rain and make sure you have a way to keep warm (hot hands do wonders in the cold as a poor man's heated gear).

This is one of those times in life that if it can go wrong it is going wrong. I don't think I'm going to be able to make it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Dang, Mark! I should be rolling in rain or shine thursday evening. I'll have a friend with me. ( he called Debbie for us). You can call him Doug, since that's his name.

So, what's all this Low Gap reference I'm hearing?
I need GPS coordinates in case you all leave without me.

We gotta go to Oark Cafe, too. That's in Nofear2trek's profile pic. See post #56.

I like RTE (Ride to Eat).
But it's only 30 min. from the Hub.
We need a long way down. :)

I like RTE (Ride to Eat).
But it's only 30 min. from the Hub.
We need a long way down. :)

It's not uncommon for the trip to a RTE to include a different state.....just ask OldJeff and Bamamate.

We can take just about any size loop you want to take to both Low Gap and Oark. The limiting factors are when everyone wants to leave the Hub in the morning and what time do they want to eat at the destination. No problem finding great riding roads in the area.

Looking forward to getting away for a few days and doing some riding. I haven't ridden much this year and it's killing me.

Thought about doing a dual sport ride for big bikes but wasn't sure if there would be any interest. Still haven't decided which bike to bring....the Versys or the Tenere. I know, first world problem.

See ya at the Hub,
Mike

Dang, Mark! I should be rolling in rain or shine thursday evening. I'll have a friend with me. ( he called Debbie for us). You can call him Doug, since that's his name.
Call me before you you leave. We might be able to ride a little bit together or meet for lunch or something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back