• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hillbilly Hangout 2018

Thanks for the post, Bug Dr. I'm gonna go along with the choice of those in the know about the area.

I have updated the first post in this thread. I think I found a great place for Hillbilly Hangout and I believe you will like too.

Please let me know if you will be attending so I can give the owners a count.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks Mike! I will be there. I might tent camp or I might bring a little trailer, but I’ll be there for sure.

I’m also looking for a place to go in June when I return with a couple riding buddies. If this works out it might just be the place.

Is it just going to be us three? I've sent itlives (Mike) a text but haven't heard back from him. OCR, Old Jeff and Bamamate still come around here?
Mike

Got your text, Mike. Thanks. Sorry to say, i cant make it this year. My daughter is birthing a new granddaughter tomorrow. I'm slated to go out and help her out for a few days (march 22-25).She lives in Midland TX. Taking care of my mom and trying to keep my business going is getting tougher as time goes on. The Hangout will be too close to the first "time out" to make it. Hope you guys have a great time!

Looks like a nice place, great find! Unfortunately, I have to pass this year, I've got relatives coming in at that time and there is no way I can reschedule.

Bummer Mike and Jeff. I won't be able to be up there until Friday afternoon......might have to post a RTE in Russellville so I can ride up with the group Friday afternoon. Or, whomever is riding on Friday can swing by Russellville around noon and we can take the scenic route to Low Gap for a late lunch. I haven't been there this year yet and it is kinda tradition with this group.

Did get out yesterday and flog the RS for a nice brisk 250 mile ride. Nobody on the roads......what a treat.
Mike

I might be cruising through on my way to visit family. May time it right to meet some of you fellow NC’ers.

I might be cruising through on my way to visit family. May time it right to meet some of you fellow NC’ers.

Hope you can make it. Bring a tent and stay a couple of nights. I'm sure we will be out riding during the day so early morning or late afternoon might be the best time to stop by if just coming through.

Looks like just three of us?????? What has happened to all of these NC "riders"? Nothing wrong with small groups as I much prefer those to large events. Anyone else that is planning on attending please chime in.....it is always a good time.
Mike

Thanks for the thread bump, Bug Dr. I’m still in. 4 inches of snow fell here yesterday, so I’m a anxious to go south and do some riding.

NebraskaGirl has confirmed that she will be attending! Hopefully will be there on Thursday afternoon.

Need to remember to bring a coffee pot.

Brian

Hope you can make it. Bring a tent and stay a couple of nights. I'm sure we will be out riding during the day so early morning or late afternoon might be the best time to stop by if just coming through.

Looks like just three of us?????? What has happened to all of these NC "riders"? Nothing wrong with small groups as I much prefer those to large events. Anyone else that is planning on attending please chime in.....it is always a good time.
Mike

I’m still a “go” for now. Staying with family about an hour away so no camping for me.

I'd swing by but I'll be in Lincoln Nebraska that weekend. Hope y'all enjoy your stay.

I’m tentatively arriving at Shady Oaks on Tuesday evening. The weather forecast is looking good!

I’m going to come with a truck and mini toy hauler / camper. I think I’ll be in site #8.

Last edited:
Tent campers will be in the group tent area at a cost of about $10/night/person with tax. Find Melissa or Robert and let them know that's where you are supposed to be per Melissa. She said that they would be busy next weekend so we might have to share. I told her that we were used to that at the Hub so no problem.

Look forward to hanging out with you Hillbillies next weekend.
Mike

Back