Highway footpeg under $30

Samurai

Reaction score
Krator Black Anti-Vibrate Engine Guard Foot Pegs and exhaust 1 1/2 clamp from AutoZone

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

eastbayandy

Reaction score
+nice, but if those clamps are like the ones I've used on mufflers, they rust up pretty quick. I guess you couls paint them first. time will tell.

Samurai

Reaction score
I remove the tape, now i used bicycle tube for it. I will post the complete pic later

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bought and installed these same pegs a couple years ago. I chose them because of the relative light weight and low cost. However I disagree with the “anti-vibrate” claim in their description. There is nothing anti-vibration about the design. It’s just a metal foot peg, solidly bolted on. Your boot rests on the metal peg, not on any pad

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Gaberloonzie

Elite Member
Reaction score
I just installed the same ones, I used my MIG welder and tacked it to my GIVI crash bars and sprayed the weld with some plasti-dip, not even noticeable and no worry about spinning. I was going to go the same route as you but figured the paint and finish would get chewed up either way and it didn't cost me more that $.10 worth of wire/gas.

Samurai

Reaction score
It’s been a year since the installation of this peg, it’s still holding on. There is discoloring due from the sun, it’s been great to have it. When I go for long distance this thing is amazing. Peace!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jed Clampett

Reaction score
Based on your post, I did the same thing with a twist or two. Thanks for the tip! Mine have been on for several months. I put a strip of Velcro "loop" tape around the frame before mounting. I also get a real close frame color match using dark primer with a coating of satin clear over it. I also mounted horns to each side.

Attachments

Gaberloonzie

Elite Member
Reaction score
Based on your post, I did the same thing with a twist or two. Thanks for the tip! Mine have been on for several months. I put a strip of Velcro "loop" tape around the frame before mounting. I also get a real close frame color match using dark primer with a coating of satin clear over it. I also mounted horns to each side.
Hey Jed! I just got those same horns for Christmas, do you mind posting a picture of your install? I was thinking about going one on each side and hadn't decided where to mount them.