• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hepco & Becker GOBI top box, plus H&B pannier frames installed

melensdad

Reaction score
Visit site
Still waiting for my Hepco & Becker GOBI side cases to arrive from Germany :(

But as I had all the other parts I figured I'g get them installed after yesterday's ride.

Frame for the panniers/side cases is a "Quick Attach" type deal. You install a bracket under the seat grab handles, another two small brackets on the inside (rear tire side) of the rear foot pegs on each side of the bike. Those are the only parts of the frame that need to stay attached to the bike. The actual frame for the side cases uses 6 total locking bolts to whole the frame on. 3 locking bolts on each side. Each requires the correct size Hex wrench and about a 1/2 turn to lock into place.

The top case frame is attached to the same bracket that is installed under the seat grab handles and is, for all practical purposes, permanently attached.

The GOBI cases are a double wall impact resistant plastic design. They are built like a high grade plastic ice chest but without the insulation between the outer and inner layers. The lids are water tight with secure locks (as secure as you can get) and have a rubber gasket seal. I have no doubt these things will handle a ton of abuse. 2380D2A7-7800-40DA-A433-FBC46853C923.jpg

Side cases arrived today. They come with a latch plate that has to be installed on the frame. It has a modest amount of adjustment and requires 2 stainless bolts, washers and locking nuts ... which are NOT provided.

Fortunately I had all of the above stainless bits & pieces. But damn, really? Spending a lot of money on cases and they don't include the required bolts? That is just shabby.

On the bright side these things are certainly tough cases, probably a heck of a lot stronger than my bones so no doubt they will survive a crash or a bang off a tree far better then I will.

Based on the CASES alone these things are much more heavy duty than the GIVI V35 cases that we have on my wife's NC700x. Based on RACKS, the GIVI racks seem to have a far nicer finish than the H&B racks, but the H&B rack does have a nice "quick detach" mounting system that I like.

Just like some of the GIVI cases there are OPTIONAL tie down points for the tops of the cases. I didn't buy those, but may add them later? The double wall construction seems pretty close to bombproof. Locks are secure and are somewhat recessed into the plastic to make it harder to pry them open. No doubt any lock on most any brand can be opened. But these are pretty good, better than the Tusk style, which I saw first hand and couldn't believe how easy it would be to break those latches.

Inside the side cases is a latch to hold the lid open. There is also a cable to prevent the lid from flopping back onto the bike's paint. Both nice touches. 37 Liter capacity on each side.

Attachments

• ixKaci6+QEmUS9OpjHUg6g.jpg
    ixKaci6+QEmUS9OpjHUg6g.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 221
  • JCaO3QAZRmecmWUt7npB5A.jpg
    JCaO3QAZRmecmWUt7npB5A.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 181
  • k9i3+5P2QhqKfN2sFWMDcA.jpg
    k9i3+5P2QhqKfN2sFWMDcA.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Back