• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Information Help me fix my wrecked NC!

cattmando

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Got hit in a parking lot. Lady backed out of a stall directly into me. Her right rear bumper crushed my right pannier. Can't locate a replacement yet. Other damage mostly cosmetic or repairable except right driver peg and right front turn signal. Insurance adjuster to visit tomorrow. Used Revzilla parts list to collect OEM retail prices and after market accessories prices. Adds up to about $1600. Bike is mechanically okay, rode it home minus the foot peg. Local Honda shop says they can't even look at it for 2 or 3 weeks to get an official estimate..

Long story longer: State Farm (her insurance) will get me a rental car but Enterprise won't release one without a driver's license. Mine was stolen 3 weeks ago with my wallet and haven't received the replacement yet. When it rains, it pours.

Got hit in a parking lot. Lady backed out of a stall directly into me. Her right rear bumper crushed my right pannier. Can't locate a replacement yet. Other damage mostly cosmetic or repairable except right driver peg and right front turn signal. Insurance adjuster to visit tomorrow. Used Revzilla parts list to collect OEM retail prices and after market accessories prices. Adds up to about $1600. Bike is mechanically okay, rode it home minus the foot peg. Local Honda shop says they can't even look at it for 2 or 3 weeks to get an official estimate..

Long story longer: State Farm (her insurance) will get me a rental car but Enterprise won't release one without a driver's license. Mine was stolen 3 weeks ago with my wallet and haven't received the replacement yet. When it rains, it pours.
You should have received a replacement drivers license in Indiana in 10 days or less. You may want to call your local BMV and see where the hangup is....

You should have received a replacement drivers license in Indiana in 10 days or less. You may want to call your local BMV and see where the hangup is....

It went to my Illinois adress and is being forwarded to Arizona from there. No worries.

Bad luck there, same thing happened to me but I was in my car at the college I attend. Chick got in her car, floored it in reverse and backed all over me. Stupid.

Bikewas totalled for pretty minor damage, still rideable. My Progressve insurance gave me book for the bike and full retail for all accessories, plus State Farm is reimbursing Medicare and sending me $2500 for pain and suffering. Replacement is in the garage, 2016 NC700X DCT with 2600 miles,compared to 40,000+ on the previous bike. Has MadStat screen, Denali horn and running lights, SW Mototech crash bars and luggage rack. Price was just okay but the added accessories helped.

I've ordered a fender extender and rear hugger. Now looking for best luggage. Recommendations? Also installing flasher and LED bulbs with clear lenses. What else do I need?

My son wanted me to get a CB500X, had found a good in Kansas City, but this NC was in the right place at the right time. I think I'll be happy for the short term at least. Pics to follow. Comments welcome.

. . . Now looking for best luggage. Recommendations? Also installing flasher and LED bulbs with clear lenses. What else do I need?
. . .
TUSK boxes impresse me for the price and can be adapted to any brand racks.

As your bike has SW Motech racks you may want to start by looking at their boxes.

Bikewas totalled for pretty minor damage, still rideable. My Progressve insurance gave me book for the bike and full retail for all accessories, plus State Farm is reimbursing Medicare and sending me $2500 for pain and suffering. Replacement is in the garage, 2016 NC700X DCT with 2600 miles,compared to 40,000+ on the previous bike. Has MadStat screen, Denali horn and running lights, SW Mototech crash bars and luggage rack. Price was just okay but the added accessories helped.

I've ordered a fender extender and rear hugger. Now looking for best luggage. Recommendations? Also installing flasher and LED bulbs with clear lenses. What else do I need?

My son wanted me to get a CB500X, had found a good in Kansas City, but this NC was in the right place at the right time. I think I'll be happy for the short term at least. Pics to follow. Comments welcome.

Do you have only the SW-Motech ALU-Rack on the bike, or does it also have the side bag carriers? The SW-Motech EVO side bag carriers use adapters to fit many brands of luggage. Is there a particular adapter already there?

SW-Motech EVO racks do not have an adapter for generic boxes like Tusk. I’ve been looking for something for mine, but in the end need to make some custom mounts to get them on the bike.

They do have adapters for many popular brands though.

JT

George, good to hear you sort of landed on your feet. I was just thinking of you last night when I saw an old thread of yours on ST-O.

I made good use of the SW Motech quick detach pannier racks on my 2015 but the panniers I had were older discontinued Givi 36 liter ones. I don't have an opinion on what I'd buy today but I did like those racks and the Alu-Rack base that mounted a Givi top case.

Building on 670cc, I really like my Givi Trekker Monokey, which work with some of the sw motech rails.
They have the opportunity to just open the top or swing the whole side down, I always leave one of each. I find that for most things I use the tap open as it is more convenient. I've got the matte black, and have been impressed with their ability to withstand 20200609_201353.jpg20200609_201208.jpg20200609_201152.jpgmore than I'd like to admit.
Fast and easy on and off, they work with some of the sw motech systems -I can take them on or off in seconds.
Saved quite a bit buying those from overseas (if you are in the States) from Motocard.

I put SW Motech racks and Givi Trekkers on mine in 2013. They get alternated between NC and Versys 300x for 70,000 combined miles. I would buy again. The top or side loading feature in Hawke's picture. is great. OCR went down several times with his and they held up well.

so Catt,,,did you purchase it in Indiana, Illinois or Arizona? Interested mines want to know...hehehe
Meant to add, bought it in Decatur, IL at Power Sports, multi brand dealer with a huge showroom of new used bikes. I'm third owner with only 2600 miles. IL is good for me as paperwork is more simple.

After fiddling with electric and such yesterday, was reminded of how much a PITA this bike is to work on. :(

Has Honda center stand and Denali horn and running lights, so another couple gunnery in accessories. Still hate the under seat fuel filler. And the Frunk should be gas.

Thanks for all the quick responses, folks. SW-Motech shows a fully outfitted NC on their web site, and it shows on a couple other sites, but can't find their Aero bags. Maybe Europe only?

Meant to add, bought it in Decatur, IL at Power Sports, multi brand dealer with a huge showroom of new used bikes. I'm third owner with only 2600 miles. IL is good for me as paperwork is more simple.

After fiddling with electric and such yesterday, was reminded of how much a PITA this bike is to work on. :(

Has Honda center stand and Denali horn and running lights, so another couple gunnery in accessories. Still hate the under seat fuel filler. And the Frunk should be gas.
Now that is spooky. My wife and I were at WOPS in Decatur a few weeks ago, and while they mostly stock sport bikes and cruisers, I saw a used NC on the sales floor. It almost looked out of place among the rest of the bikes packed in their building. If you just purchased in the last couple weeks, I wonder if that could have been the bike you bought? Did Rick Cox sell it to you?

Sorry cattmando, but most of us like the frunk and would rather have the frunk than the gas tank at that location...Now what Honda could have done, was put the fuel filler on the side of the passenger seat,,,like the old bmw f650gs (singles) or the G650gs (single). Their gas tank was in the same location as the nc700 but fuel filler on the right side of the pillion seat...

Now that is spooky. My wife and I were at WOPS in Decatur a few weeks ago, and while they mostly stock sport bikes and cruisers, I saw a used NC on the sales floor. It almost looked out of place among the rest of the bikes packed in their building. If you just purchased in the last couple weeks, I wonder if that could have been the bike you bought? Did Rick Cox sell it to you?
Rick and his young salesmen took care of me. I was I pressed with their new and used stock, FJR, Africa Twin, Indian flat tracker, several others. I rode a new (2018) Gold wing, like it fine but too rich for my blood. I'm third owner on the NC with only 2600 miles.

SW-Motech got back to me yesterday so hope to have panniers soon. I'll keep y'all posted.

Back