• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Help a fellow rider out

kjang

Reaction score
Visit site
Today, I was sitting in my service van at the san francisco bay bridge. Watching traffic and monitoring systems.
I noticed a motorcycle rider that stalled in lane 1. He pushed his BUELL off to the shoulder. Trying to restart.
He was trying and trying....
I walked over and said to him "Guy, Lets push your bike over to the parking lot" This way he wouldn't get hit by a passing car.

Once at the parking lot, He tried again to restart.
He turn the key, I listened. I heard a hum. I said "fuel injection", he said yes. "OK".
I noticed his dash lites were very dim.
Took out my multimeter and measured the battery voltage right at the studs, its good reading 12.37 volts.
Then I metered the connection to the battery. its bad measuring only 4 volts.

I said, I have some tools in my service van. Lets take apart the connections and clean up the battery post, then I can spray some silicone on it to clean it.
Did that.... guess what... Bike started right up. He was so happy. He said he dumped a load of money in her just last week. So we exchanged names and told him to always wear armour (i noticed he didn't wear any armor) and to be safe.

So help out a biker in distress. You never know when you will get stuck.

Ken

Way to pay it forward. This guy you helped will never forget it and most likely will help a distressed biker if he ever sees one.

A feel good moment kjang! My wife has put just shy of 100k miles on a couple of Buells. I have had to help her with those bikes often. LOL! Does that count too?

Good for you kjang, that was a very courteous gesture. Glad his problem was simple for you to remedy. When I read it was a Buell my first reaction was "rut roh" but I guess they too can suffer from simple problems that we all encounter occasionally. Now you have to put a sign on service van that says "Tools for Buells Roadside Service". ;)

Once upon a time, not to long ago, it was common practice for bikers to stop and help other bikers. Was it the cell phone that stopped this practice or is this the next generation of bikers?

Maybe because now a days everyone is in a rush? It's good that we can help each other out. Hopefully start a trend again.

Ken

If we were able to poll this, I bet most riders would be on the side of stopping to offer help a fellow rider on the side of the road.

Last edited:
On a forum for foreign riders in Japan, one of our members (who hasn't been active for a couple of years) recently passed away of heart trouble at the age of forty.

Everybody on the forum is kicking in on a collection to help the widow and two small children. At the moment the total stands at about $2,300. Many contributors never even net him in real life.

On a forum for foreign riders in Japan, one of our members (who hasn't been active for a couple of years) recently passed away of heart trouble at the age of forty.

Everybody on the forum is kicking in on a collection to help the widow and two small children. At the moment the total stands at about $2,300. Many contributors never even net him in real life.

Aww, my allergies are kicking in :(

It is nice to hear of such kind souls.

Back