• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Help! 2019 750X loose throttle

JMWING

Reaction score
Visit site
All,
I need some help here. I recently purchased a 2019 750x. I've put fewer than 50 miles on this bike and the throttle has gotten loose.
I've tried tightening the big screw on the end of the handgrip but it has made no difference at all.
I'm not sure what to try next. I'm also not sure I should be riding it like this.
I'll try to post pictures

It's difficult to tell from the pictures below (I know) but the entire throttle assembly is loose. The ring (not sure what its called) where the two throttle cables come out is very loose. The handgrip itself can has quite a left to right wiggle. It just not right.....

Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious and simple?

Last edited:
Look at the illustration below. If the housing where the throttle cable crank resides is splitting open, you may have to tighten 2 screws #29. Those two screws are apparently hidden by the switch housing, so you may need to remove or just open the switch housing by removing 2 screws #23. Sometimes the brake master cylinder and mirror mount will block access to screws #23, so the brake lever/master cylinder/mirror mount assembly may need to be loosened and moved or rotated first.

I am not with my NC right now so I cannot verify details, but that is what it looks like from the illustration. It’s just a simple bolt/screw tightening project from what I can see. Note that the switch housing has an alignment pin on it’s inner side that goes into a hole drilled in the handlebar. The switch housing can be installed in only one location. It looks like the throttle housing also has a locator pin. Make sure the pins are in their place before tightening the housings 467725BC-2F91-4E9C-89D7-9CE68D767B44.jpeg

Last edited:
I think you are 100% correct. I have no idea how to take this assembly apart.

If I pull the housing to the side I can just barely see the heads of the two screws that need to be tightened.

I think you are 100% correct. I have no idea how to take this assembly apart.

If I pull the housing to the side I can just barely see the heads of the two screws that need to be tightened.
If you separate the switch housing halves (where the engine stop and starter buttons are) it can sort of stay propped there or hang by it’s wires and you will have full access to the throttle housing screws.

Back