Helmet lock

use2b

Reaction score
My wife rides with me on all bikes that are not antique so this is what i came up with for a Helmet lock . would love to find a better idea but using what i had this is what i came up with and few people will steal a helmet with pink butterfly's ...... would love to see some better ideas .DSC00006.JPG

Olythom

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
WIRE, HELMET SETTING

77236-KEA-000

When I bought my 2015 bike (new), it came with one of these. It is a sturdy little cable with a loop on each end. There is a pin under the pillion seat. You pass the cable through a d-ring on your helmet, raise the rear seat, and then put both loops over the pin under the seat. Latch the seat, et voila. With the seat latched, they can’t unhook the cable from its pin. They have to either cut the cable or cut the helmet strap.
>Thom

potter0o

Site Supporter
Reaction score
WIRE, HELMET SETTING

77236-KEA-000

When I bought my 2015 bike (new), it came with one of these. It is a sturdy little cable with a loop on each end. There is a pin under the pillion seat. You pass the cable through a d-ring on your helmet, raise the rear seat, and then put both loops over the pin under the seat. Latch the seat, et voila. With the seat latched, they can’t unhook the cable from its pin. They have to either cut the cable or cut the helmet strap.
>Thom
I think I saw this in the manual. I bought mine used and the cable didn't come with it. I replaced it with an orange disc lock cable. I use it when the spouse and I go out together. One helmet in the frunk and one on the cable.

melensdad

Reaction score
I use a simple vinyl coated cable lock that is a few feet long. Depending upon where I am, I frequently lock my JACKET and HELMET to the bike by running the cable through a jacket sleeve, through the helmet opening (I have a full face helmet) and then secure it to the bike.

davidc83

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bi

TacomaJD

Reaction score
WIRE, HELMET SETTING

77236-KEA-000

>Thom
That's what I use on mine. I use it all the time. I'm not so much as walking into a gas station to take a leak without locking my Shoei on my bike!