• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from Panama City, FL

Welcome Danny, look around the site for awhile. There's lots of NC'rs from FL.
I'm not up on FL geography but the NC will go a long way so you should be able to meet some peeps.

Welcome from further down on the Gulf Coast in Tampa. Just got my NC this weekend and rode it from St. Augustine to Tampa. 4-1/2 hours with a short 15 minute break.

I have only been here a couple of years but really like the area. The National Peanut Festival was a few weeks ago, but it has gotten huge now! I prefer some of the festivals in small towns around in Alabama and Georgia.

I am from Mobile, Al. (the home of the first Mardi Gas) so I was used to parades and general craziness but I was shocked when at the beginning of the National Peanut parade in Dothan a giant truck goes down the parade route and dumps peanuts in the middle of the street and people scurry out to rake up their share.
peanut.jpg

I really wanted to make it to this one but was out of town this year.

possum.jpg

Mobile Mardi Gras: When I was at Ft. Benning, Ga attending the IOBC (MOS 1542) I was invited to a Mardi Gras Ball in Mobile one weekend by a college classmate. I secured a weekend, got my dress blues and we went to the Ball. She wore a very nice Southern Belle gown and I in my brand new dress blues. All the men wore tuxes and I was almost denied entrance because the doorman didn't think the dress blues uniform (which I guess many had never seen) was not formal enough. This was in 1968, so maybe a preview of anti-war sentiment?

Ft Rucker: In the mid-70s I was attached to the 11th SFG and we ran a 2 week FTX from there into the Ocala National Forest in Florida. I really didn't get to see much for Fort Rucker or the local area.

Anyway, Hello from South Florida and a fellow NX700X rider.

I can't imagine anything more classy looking and worthy of respect than the dress uniform of a military person. Boo to that doorman!

Back