• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from Covington, Louisiana

Reaction score
Visit site
After several weeks of browsing the different manufacturers, I narrowed it down to the 650 Versys ABS or the NC700X. I really wanted an ABS bike but they are in short supply in the Honda stable. I got a good deal, I think, on a new 2014 NC700X out the door for $5,700. It is the go fast red one and I will be picking it up on Saturday. Now I am beginning to make a mental list of things to add. I will get a center stand, side cases, aftermarket windscreen, tail rack, engine guards and who knows what else. What would you experienced owners add to my list? What is the favorite side cases out there? The Honda brand or something aftermarket? I appreciate all and any advice anyone can give me. I am looking forward to being in the Honda camp again. My first one was a Honda 50 Sport in 1963 and they have changed a little since then! It was followed by the 90 Super Sport and a 360 SL. Then the next 40 years were everything from BMW, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Harley and now back to Honda. If everything I have heard about the NC700x is at least half true I know I will enjoy it as much as I did that first Honda in 1963.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase. I see you live near New Orleans which probably means there is always a ton of traffic. I think you'll find that this bike is very useful in congested city driving. I use mine to commute in the Little Rock area. My background is almost purely sport bikes and this little bike is more suited to handling the commuting environment. I hope you enjoy your purchase.

Welcome from Georgia. You asked about side cases. I'm partial to the GIVI V35 cases. I think they look close to factory, especially on the red NC. Just be aware you have to use the GIVI tail rack with just about any type of GIVI side bags.

IMG_0255-M.jpg

Covington, I lived in Harvey for 40 yrs. and Marrero before that. Moved to East TN in 2007. I have a wrecked 2012 NC700X but it will be back on the road as soon as the insurance company settles up. Bought it in Dec. 2015 and have put over 5K miles on it. Put a Puig Touring Windshield, an aux. power outlet, handlebar risers, and a Sargent seat. You may want to add a seat to your list after riding it for a while. Welcome to the world of NCs.

Hi Thunder, that is a big difference between East Tenn and the West Bank....from flat land to rolling hills and don't even talk about the weather. I just ordered a center stand today, tomorrow I pickup the bike. I will be getting hard cases, w/s, maybe some "bumpers", and some hand guards and a tail rack. Looking forward to getting it and riding it home.

Welcome from SW Missouri. I would recommend a after market seat, (RDL, Sargent ect.) Hondabikepro's skid plate and engine gaurds for a start.
Stick around long enough and we can help you spend a lot of money!
I have Givi side cases but would choose Tusk if I had a do over

Last edited:
I just rode it home and it was a great ride. If that is what Donald means by make America Great Again, well the NC700X was a Great ride. Now I have to get working on those accessories to mount....after I buy them! I did notice the steering wants to fall into a turn more so than any bikes I have had in the past. Different steering geometry than what I am used to. Would one side up on the front tire make it move more toward a neutral steering geometry? BTW, on my easy ride home of 40 miles, nothing over 60 mph and not going over 4,000 revs, I averaged 65 mpg. I find that respectable economy and I know as it is broken in that will only improve. Now all I have to do is wipe the smile off of my face before my wife gets home or otherwise she will suspect I have been up to something. Have a great holiday weekend, I know I will.

I've had the bike one week tomorrow and I've received the centerstand in the mail today, tomorrow's project, and it looks to be an easy job. Thanks to one of the member's who posted his method of setting the spring, what I thought would be a two man project looks to be a simple install. I ordered my Sargents seat yesterday and now the wait begins. They said now it is about a three week lead time to start working on it. I guess my tail can wait but it will be a pain. I'm looking at and leaning towards the Shad SH36 side cases with the quick mount and release system. When off of the bike the mounting hardware is hardly visible and looks neat. All in all a good system that looks good and is priced right. With USD gaining on the Euro I would have thought the Givi and other European manufacturers prices would have come down but they are still up there even though the dollar buys more euros at today's exchange rates. Somebody is making more of a profit and not passing down the savings to the consumer. Sort of like the airlines with the cheap jet fuel costs but tickets are still at an all time high. Just my rant. My next buy after the side cases will probably be a windshield and I am leaning toward the Vscreen by National Cycle due to it's polycarbonate construction and durability. Any comments on the choice of a shield would be appreciated?

Back