• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from Austin

spryne

Reaction score
Visit site
I traded in my '94 Goldwing after 12 years for a NC700x yesterday. After a test drive, I couldn't believe how much fun I'd been missing. The weather is perfect in central Texas and there are some great roads in the hill country. I ordered a Honda touring windshield but I'm thinking of canceling the order after reading about how dissatisfied some of you are. What do you think?

Welcome from SW Missouri! I haven't tried the Hondaline big shield. I got the medium CalSci shield. If I had it to do over again, I would have got the large CalSci shield.
When I ordered they advised me to get the medium. I like the extra protection the CalSci gives me. YMMV

Welcome!! On the screen, it all depends on what you are looking for. I started with the standard screen and then moved to the Honda touring screen. It is the same width as the standard but is taller. For reference I’m 6’1. The touring screen has the main air stream hitting about ¾ up my helmet. Off center wind at times causes a little buffeting. For my normal riding, around town and back roads I’ve been pleased with it. I haven’t done an extended highway ride but my thought has been that a bigger screen would be nice for that. From looking at pictures some of the aftermarket screens are wider and taller. In the future I may layout the cash to try a larger screen.

Hey from Pflugerville!

I've got the Cal Sci Medium on my bike. Shoot me a PM or something if you want to come check it out sometime and take it for a spin.

trey

Welcome to the club from Oregon. I have a Skidmarx screen on my NC, but have not tested it at highway speeds yet. From what I read on this Forum it all comes down to personal choice and desires. Some find no problem at all with the stock screen. Others want the largest one they can find. You may want to check out the Thread on the Cal-Si screens since some have had trouble with them coming loose. I think Hondabikepro has manufactured something to take care of this problem though.

Hi dale from Washington state. if have a friend that is the owner of a Honda shop in Austin, central Texas power sports. welcome .

Welcome from Sugar Land, Tx! I envy the roads out your backdoor and get out that way as often as possible!!! You are so right...this bike is a blast to ride! I still have the stock screen, but have my eye on the Puig...possibly with the adjusting wing. If you don't go with the tall Honda, definitely get some nut plates from hondabikepro for mounting security.

Hi from the UK. i have the Honda touring screen fitted and find that it works just fine for me at speeds up to 80-85 MPH. having said that I think that it really depends on the riders height. I'm only 5' 9"

Back