• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from Atlanta

TGorman

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, I’ve been lurking for a while and I just realized I have not done an introduction. So, here it is!
My name is Tom and I live on the north side of Atlanta. I recently picked up a 13’ I found on ebay. The guy I bought it from, bought it new, rode it once and parked it. As you can see in the pics below, its red with just a tick over 200 miles (it has more now  ) and in absolute show room condition. I also have an 09’ KLR650 which I picked up over a year ago. Before that, I had an 07’ wee strom. I sold it to get the two bikes as my off pavement riding was just too rough on the wee. So I figured I’d sell the wee and get a dedicated off pavement ride as well as a proper pavement bike. So far I’m really diggin’ the NC. It came with, service manual, a center stand, heated grips and a Givi wind screen. However, the buffeting was so awful I put the stock screen back on. I would like to find something that works better for me, but for now it’s fine. Since season is near, I’m currently working to add a mount for my zumo 550 and my spot messenger. I’m also looking to add a luggage rack. I have wolfmans I use on the KLR, I love those bags so I’ll just use them. Considering they are yellow, they won’t look the greatest but I’m a function over form guy anyway.

I do commute some, but not that often since I ride ATGATT and only live 10min from work. So it’s just not worth the hassle all the time. Mainly when I ride, it’s either a 300-400 day ride on all side roads in N. GA/TN/NC (I hate riding the slab) or we will pack up the camping gear and take off for however many days.

I also race cars, shoot long range precision rifles and shoot sporting clays just to name a few of the other hobbies.
So that’s prob enough about me, on to the pics.
20151124_131139.jpg

20151124_164009.jpg

20151124_164106.jpg

20151124_164632.jpg

20151016_191307.jpg

20151018_123059.jpg

20151018_123210.jpg

tandbjpg.jpg

My buddy and I in TN (I'm the one in front)

Thanks. I was hesitant about the sale because the listing was terrible. All the photos were out of focus and not of the entire bike but rather close ups of random parts. The description was 2 sentences and very vague. So the listing was shady. The bike was a 9hr drive away so going to see it wasn't really in the cards. I had watched the listing over the course of a couple of weeks. Listing was opened, reserve not met, ended no sale. I watched this happen twice and the third time I emailed the seller asking for more info and pics. He emailed me 20 new photos and every single one was, again out of focus and just horrible pictures and then gave me his phone number. After talking with him, I knew the bike was perfect, he was an older retired fella who struggled with technology. I made my bid at his reserve ($4k) and won. So, I got a brand new 13' for $4k. I'm very happy with that.

That's a fantastic price with those farkles as well. I paid a lot more for my 2014/Red. I'm also in Atlanta. Howdy! Will likely see you on some backroads one day.

Wow...great deal!

Join us in May for some riding in the Stecoah, NC area. Kickstand motorcycle lodge (no lodge, just tents and cabins) May 19 - 22

There is a thread around here someplace.

That's a fantastic price with those farkles as well. I paid a lot more for my 2014/Red. I'm also in Atlanta. Howdy! Will likely see you on some backroads one day.
Thanks.

Wow...great deal!

Join us in May for some riding in the Stecoah, NC area. Kickstand motorcycle lodge (no lodge, just tents and cabins) May 19 - 22

There is a thread around here someplace.

I might could be up for that. My race schedule is veryrelaxed this summer so all of April and May are open. I'm planning a 3 day ride/camping trip with some of my buddies in April. Going to stay somewhere near Ashville. So I'll be ready for another weekend of riding and camping in May.

I am fairly new to the NC forum also. Glad to see you join us!
Count me in.
Come April, I plan on doing more FS roads and mountain trails up north GA.
I got the '15 DCT version.

IMG_20151006_143621792_HDR.jpg

Hey, from Acworth. I just got lost this weekend in my cage around Big Canoe and found a ton of great well-maintained curvy roads. I'll be heading back soon with appropriate equipment.

Edit: Also, Red = fastest!

Last edited:
Hey TigerDude, I'm familiar with that area. Well as familiar as I can be as we typically just zip through that area to get further north to get to where we ride. I was looking at a silver one, glad I waited and found the red. I really dig the red.

I know how badly I beat the snot out of my wee strom riding off pavement, I would flat out destroy an NC doing so. Granted a large part was because I am a sucky rider and have poor line choice, but still. It's hard for me to imagine an NC being used as a dual sport. But hats off for doing so.

Back