• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Heated gear How much can a stock 2023 NC 750 X DCT power without problem?

How much Heated gear can stock 2023 NC 750 X DCT power safely?
HD/Gerbing
If I remember right, the engine can supply a total of about 440 watts at around 5000 RPM. There are many threads from the past about accessory load capability. Perhaps a search would yield information.

I have done a 400km journey from Ireland to the UK wearing a Gerbing jacket, trousers, socks and gloves with OE heated grips. No trouble.
At 14.5 V I measured and worked out the heated gear (not including the grips) was consuming 250W if I had it all on full.
I have a NC750S but the alternator is the same as the X at around 450W at 5000 RPM.

I have done a 400km journey from Ireland to the UK wearing a Gerbing jacket, trousers, socks and gloves with OE heated grips. No trouble.
At 14.5 V I measured and worked out the heated gear (not including the grips) was consuming 250W if I had it all on full.
I have a NC750S but the alternator is the same as the X at around 450W at 5000 RPM.
Very helpful. Exactly what I needed to know. Much thanks

I have loads of Gerbing/Heat Troller controllers and battery connectors, but the one I use now is the Gerbing dual. It has three outputs, two are controlled and one is just straight to the battery. I use the jacket connectors to hook it all together. In my experience the ones you have to control are the jacket and the trousers. The jacket can get ferociously hot and the trousers burn my arse if I have set too high (which is very unpleasant :) )

Back